This post was meant to be published last month when the blazing summer sun was in all its glory. However, since we were on a holiday break certain adjustments had to be made. Since we regularly feature photographic travel journals in the blog as well, I decided to devote the month of August to that and I think it worked out well as I managed to actually finish all the travel posts pretty much within the time frame. Hurrah!!! If you wish to see these posts, you can find them here.
But technically summer is not over yet and it still quite warm in the afternoon even in September so this ice cream post is still perfectly on time. Besides, we can always find an excuse for ice cream, right? Who doesn't eat ice cream in the middle of winter? My family still does - there's always a tub in the freezer for some sweet cravings that only a delicious ice cream can satisfy!
And truly, if I may say so - this ice cream is delicious! I have made a few ice cream recipes before (about 8 - including frozen yogurts - more or less) so my family have had a good taste of all my creations. While the others are equally delectable in my opinion, for my family this one stands-out as simply the best. Perhaps because when you have this ice cream it's like eating your favorite cheesecake only in ice cream form! You see my family is big on cheesecake - again I have many recipes of cheesecake on the blog as proof. Also, the ice cream has that perfect contrast of flavors which make it truly delightful.With one mouthful you taste sweetness, a hint of tang and then that creamy, smooth cheesy flavor from the cream cheese.
So, why not celebrate the last days of summer with this scrumptious and super-easy to make No Churn Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream!
If you like what you see do subscribe to our posts via email. You can also like us in Facebook or join us on Pinterest so you can get the latest recipes and so much more. Thanks for visiting and happy browsing!
Lemon Cheesecake Ice CreamBy: Manila Spoon
September 4, 2015
My whole family agrees - this is the best Ice Cream I have ever made. Sweet-tangy and deliciously creamy is this Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream. No need for an ice cream maker!
- 2 Cups Heavy (Double) Cream
- 1 cup whole Milk
- 4 Tablespoons fresh Lemon juice
- 1 block Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Put the heavy cream, whole and condensed milk, softened cream cheese, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a large food processor or blender. Mix until very thick and fluffy.
- Place the mixture in a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 3 hours but preferably overnight. Allow 15-20 minutes for the ice cream to soften a little before serving. Enjoy!
- Beat the softened Cream cheese in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually, pour in the sweetened condensed milk and continue to beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the cream cheese mixture and mix well. Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and process and freeze according to manufacturer's instruction.
If Using an Ice Cream Maker
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 0 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes + 3 hours Freezing time