*These products were given to us free to sample as members of the Chobani Parents Club. All opinions are my own. #Chobani #ChobaniKids
Oh glorious autumn....the cool crisp weather, the falling leaves and the delicious flavors of the season! I am not a fan of winter at all but fall.....I love, love fall. I wish after Fall we can skip winter and proceed to spring so that after the bright reds, yellows and oranges of autumn we will immediately be treated to the delightful sight of vibrant green.
Alas that is not possible - so why not just enjoy the short fall season with some delicious treat? That's what I intend to do beginning with our first fall recipe this season. When I received these Chobani Pumpkin Spice Greek Yogurt, I was really excited! I immediately opened one tub and had it for my snack. I really loved it! It had the subtle hint of all my favorite fall flavors and spices!
This inspired me to make a fall drink based on the classic Indian beverage - Lassi. I love Mango Lassi and we never fail to order it when we go to any Indian restaurant. A Lassi is a yogurt-based drink blended with fruit, water or dairy and spices. Since I already have the pumpkin-flavored yogurt from Chobani I thought it would be perfect to make a fall-inspired Lassi. To retain some Indian flavor in the drink I added some ground cardamom. If you cannot find cardamom or are unfamiliar with it, feel free to sub it with your other favorite fall spices like ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Please enjoy!
If you like what you see do subscribe to our posts via email. You can also like us in Facebook or join us on Pinterest so you can get the latest recipes and so much more. Thanks for visiting and happy browsing!
Pumpkin Cinnamon LassiBy: Manila Spoon
October 2, 2015
This delicious pumpkin and yogurt drink is flavored with your favorite fall spices. Turn it into a sweet treat by adding some whipped cream on top! Yum! Pumpkin Cinnamon Lassi
- 3/4 cup cooked Pumpkin Puree
- 2 (5 oz) Chobani Pumpkin Spice Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4-1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon or to taste
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground Cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract or to taste
- 2-3 Tablespoons Honey or Maple syrup
- Sweetened whipped cream for topping (optional)
- Cinnamon stick for garnish (optional)
*You may substitute the above spices with ground ginger, cloves or nutmeg especially if you cannot get or do not like cardamom. Feel free to experiment.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix for about 1 minute or until everything is well-blended and smooth.
- Pour into individual glasses and serve immediately. Top with sweetened whipped cream if desired. Garnish with a cinnamon stick (optional).
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 0 Minutes
Total Time: 5 Minutes