Winter days call for delicious soup! I love Broccoli and Cheese soup – that’s what I always order when I go to Panera Bread (free plug!). However, I have never tried a cheesy cauliflower soup version. I bought a good-size cauliflower from the grocery the other day and decided to make soup out of it. I needed a delicious bowl of soup for some comfort eating as well since hubby is away on a conference in California for a few days.
Though cauliflower is the star of this soup, it’s also packed with other healthy fresh ingredients like onion, celery, a leek, potato and yummy cheese! So it’s a pretty wholesome soup and something even your kids would enjoy like mine did. For the cheese, I opted to use a combo of ricotta and blue cheeses. If you’re not a huge fan of the pungent blue cheese then feel free to just use ricotta all the way or perhaps even try another cheese that you fancy. So don’t let the winter blues get you – make a hearty and cheesy cauliflower soup today!
Cauliflower and Cheese Soup
By: Manila Spoon
Cheesy-licious, thick and creamy – of course it’s healthy, too – Cauliflower Cheese Soup.
- 1 Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Celery stalks, sliced
- 1 Leek, chopped
- 1 large Potato, peeled and diced
- 6 cups Vegetable Stock (or water)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 Tablespoons Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Blue Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream, or to taste
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Snipped fresh Chives, parsley or cilantro, to serve
- Melt the butter in the Olive Oil in a large saucepan using low to medium heat. Add the onion, celery, leek, potato and cover.
- Let the vegetable sweat for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and pour the stock in and add the bay leaves and cauliflower florets. Simmer gently for 20-25 minutes or until the cauliflower florets are tender.
- Take the bay leaves out and then puree the rest in a blender.
- Return the pureed vegetables into the saucepan and then add the cheeses and sour cream. Just cook until cheeses have melted and the soup is fully heated through.
- Adjust the seasoning to your taste. Ladle into bowls, garnish with some fresh herbs and enjoy with some crusty bread!
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook time: 25 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: cauliflower, soup, vegetables, winter, cheese, ricotta, blue
We would love to hear from you. Do share your comment or feedback on any of our recipes.
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook or follow us on Pinterest where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
Last updated on October 1st, 2019 at 09:06 am