Even though I am not a winter fan at all I do have two perfectly good reasons why I can tolerate (perhaps even love!) the cold season – fashion and food! Let’s talk about fashion first. I just love fall and winter fashion – the boots, scarves, coats, hats or headbands and what have you…. I just love to dress up during fall and winter. I get excited digging up in the closet what I can wear again for the next few months and finding out which ones fit well with a particular pair of shoes or scarf, etc. The best part is that you don’t even need to buy expensive clothes as long as you can properly mix and match your outfit with your accessories.
When it comes to food, again there are so many delicious choices for fall or winter. Of course, it helps that the cold season has two of the most celebrated holidays too – Thanksgiving and Christmas! Once the temperature gets into the 60s (in fahrenheit of course because we use celsius in Manila and that would be extremely hot!!!) – for us that means chili time! This is my third chili recipe here on the blog as we truly love it. So far this has been the easiest one that I have made and already we have made this twice in a week. When the family is in the mood for chili and I am pressed for time, you can be sure this is the recipe I turn to!
I love that when you’re in a hurry you can make this in the stove top and it takes literally just 10 MINUTES! Yes, seriously! But if you wish to make this a few hours ahead, then use the slow cooker instead. Either way it’s fuss-free and quick to make so it’s the perfect meal for a busy night and for busy moms like me this is truly handy!
If you like what you see do subscribe to our posts via email. You can also like us in Facebook or join us on Pinterest so you can get the latest recipes and so much more. Thanks for visiting and happy browsing!
Easy 3 Ingredient Chili (Slow Cooker or Stove Top)
By: Manila Spoon
October 30, 2015
This easy and quick 3 Ingredient Chili can be made in the stove top or slow cooker. Yes, it’s very TASTY and the whole family will love it!
- 1 pound ground Beef
- 1 can (15 oz) Chili Beans (use your favorite brand)
- 1/2 cup Salsa (use your favorite brand and spice level you can tolerate)
- Heat a large skillet to medium and cook the ground beef until it changes its color or has turned brown. No need to use oil if your ground beef has a little fat.
- If using a SLOW COOKER, transfer the cooked ground beef to the crock pot then stir in the chili beans and salsa. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- If using the stove top, add the chili beans and salsa and stir everything. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste if desired. Serve immediately with sour cream, cheese and some chopped fresh cilantro for garnish, if you wish.
Yield: 4-6 Servings
Prep Time: O minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes for stove top or 3 hours for slow cooker
Total Time: 10 minutes for stove top or 3 hours for slow cooker