In 15 minutes or less you can make this easy and yummy classic pie that’s creamy, fruity-sweet, light and no-bake, too. We served this in a potluck and it was a huge hit!
I love no-bake desserts in summer especially this particular summer when we experienced quite a heat wave with temperatures in the upper 90s and heat index of over 100 F. I am from the Philippines so I should be used to this muggy weather, I know, but trust me, even I didn’t enjoy it a bit! Thankfully, there are many sweet treats to enjoy this summer and to help us cool down, too. Certainly, this Millionaire Pie is one of them!
I discovered this classic pie when I was looking for a no-bake dessert to feature on our 30 Day Challenge and also to serve on our church potluck. I didn’t get the chance to feature this yummy pie earlier as our readers in an online vote on our page chose the strawberry pie to be posted ahead. But, I promised them that before summer ends, the recipe for Millionaire Pie will follow. So, here it is.
As you can see, it is totally loaded with yumminess – crushed pineapple, cream cheese and then pecans! How you can go wrong with such a combo? And it takes no longer than 15 minutes to make especially if you use a store-bought graham cracker crust. Most, of all it’s no-bake and when the temps go as high as 100 F you certainly wouldn’t want to turn on the oven even to make a dessert!
It was so good that after tasting the first one, I decided to make another one! The pie sets really well so it’s not a pain to slice which makes this a true winner in my book!
Love to try delicious Asian dishes? Our cookbook – RICE. NOODLES. YUM. (Everyone’s Favorite Southeast Asian Dishes) is now out! It has 75 delicious and easy to make authentic rice and noodle recipes from Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and the Philippines ALL in FULL COLOR. Check out the content of the cookbook below. Available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and anywhere books are sold. You can order a copy HERE.
Check out what the book looks like in this video below!
Click the printer icon above for printing. To delete photos, simply click on each image you wish to remove.
By: Manila Spoon
August 20, 2016
In 15 minutes or less you can make this easy and yummy classic summer pie that’s creamy, fruity-sweet, light and no bake, too. We served this in a potluck and it was a huge hit!
- 1 store-bought or homemade Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 8 oz can or 1 cup crushed Pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup dried shredded or dessicated Coconut, unsweetened (unless you want the sweetened one)
- 1 cup chopped pecans reserving a few extra for garnish
- 1 8 oz carton of whipped topping, thawed or 2 cups whipping cream, whipped and sweetened with 1/4 cup of Sugar
- Prepare the graham cracker crust if not using a pre-made one and chill in the refrigerator while making the filling.
- Using an electric mixer, whip together the softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth and well-blended, about 4 minutes.
- Stir into the cream cheese mixture the crushed pineapple, grated coconut and pecans. Mix well.
- Fold in gently half of the whipped topping (reserving the other half as topping) and stir everything carefully until evenly mixed. Spoon the filling into the prepared graham cracker crust.
- Top the filling with the remaining whipped cream and spread it all over. Sprinkle the pie with extra pecans. Chill for several hours before serving. Enjoy!
Yield: 8-10 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 0 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes plus chilling time