In 30 minutes you can serve your family a hearty and delicious soup! Easy-peasy yumminess in a bowl – Cheese Tortellini Soup with White Beans and Kielbasa.
I have been making quite a lot of soup this winter season. You may think, well, that’s pretty normal for the cold season. Perhaps but it’s not normal for me.
Since the Philippines is a hot country with only two major seasons – wet and dry – which incidentally are both relatively warm (hot!) weather, you won’t often find soup on a Filipino’s daily menu.
Besides that, soup, like tea, when served, is often associated with an ailment or being unwell as that’s often what’s given to anyone who has been afflicted with some illness in the Philippines.
Having this background, you can imagine, I am not much of a soup person at all.
However, this winter I have been cooking soup almost every week! What a transformation. It must have been the weather!
While winter has been pretty mild this year so far compared to previous seasons, we did get some good amount of rain and of course, there were those gloomy days which motivated me to make soup to warm our tummies and our hearts, too!
One of the delicious soups we have enjoyed is this Cheese Tortellini Soup with White Beans and Kielbasa. I know the name is quite a mouthful but I wanted to be sure all the ingredients that make this soup yummy are mentioned prominently and not left-out.
So, it’s not just your usual cheese tortellini soup – its loaded with beans and sausages, too!! The best part, it’s so easy to make and everything is done in 30 minutes or less! See below for the ingredients you need.
So make sure to enjoy this before winter ends! Don’t forget to generously add cheese all over the soup as it surely makes it even more delicious!! Enjoy hot!
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
Click the above icon to print. To remove images for easy printing, simply click on each photo.
Cheese Tortellini Soup with White Beans and Kielbasa
By: Manila Spoon
In 30 minutes you can serve your family a hearty and delicious soup! Easy-peasy yumminess in a bowl!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 12 oz cooked Kielbasa Sausage, sliced
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 8 cups (64 oz) Chicken broth or more as needed
- 2 teaspoons dried or 2 Tablespoons fresh Thyme (chopped)
- 1 bunch fresh Kale, washed, big stems removed then leaves cut or shredded up into pieces
- 1-2 (15 oz) can White Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 oz) package Cheese Tortellini
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese or more as needed
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Cook the sliced kielbasa until browned. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the onions have softened.
- Add the broth slowly scraping the brown bits at the bottom of the pot. Stir in the dried or fresh thyme. Bring the broth to a boil. Stir in the kale and beans and adjust the heat to low and simmer until the kale is wilted.
- Add the cheese tortellini and continue to simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the tortellinis have puffed up. Season with a little salt and pepper. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle generously with the grated cheese. Don’t skip this as this makes the soup really yummy! Enjoy immediately!
Yield: 8 Servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 25 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: Soup, Cheese, Tortellini, Sausage, Kielbasa, Winter, Fall, Recipe