It’s finally Fall!! That means soup and stew season! My family’s typical comfort food for fall and winter is hands-down —– drum roll…. C.H.I.L.I. Yes, even my kids love this spicy stew provided its eaten with lots and lots of rice to soak up all that yummy saucy goodness!
Seriously, we love chili so much that I have so may versions of this spicy stew in this blog. I don’t know how many exactly as of this writing but I’d say at least 5!! We just love to experiment and try many variations so that way our taste buds don’t get tired of the same old, same old recipe. For this version, we thought why not try using chorizo instead of plain ground beef? After all this Spanish-Mexican sausage is already full of spices and flavorings that lend itself beautifully to chili. It totally makes sense and certainly the result proves that it’s a delicious alternative to the usual chili meat! Enjoy!
Instant Pot Chorizo Chili
By: Manila Spoon
September 28, 2017
Love Chili and Chorizo? Enjoy them both in a hearty and delicious stew that’s perfect for chilly nights!
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 pound Chorizo Sausages, casings removed
- 2 medium Onions, chopped
- 3 Celery stalks, chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons Ground Cumin, or to taste
- 1 (15 oz) can Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can Red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 0z) can whole kernel Corn
- 1 cup Tomato Salsa, medium heat or to taste
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Turn on the instant pot to saute. Heat oil and saute the chorizo until dry and beginning to crisp up.
- Add the onions and celery and stir-fry for another couple of minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir.
- Cover and adjust setting to Chili on the Instant Pot. Cook. When the time’s up, shift from sealing to venting and allow steam to escape. Uncover once the pressure has been released.
- Serve immediately with some freshly chopped cilantro, sour cream and cheese on the side. Enjoy!
Yield: 6-8 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes