Treat yourself to this super moist and truly scrumptious Coconut Banana Loaf (Bread) that has all the yummy notes of coconut, tangy lemons, and sweet Bananas!
There can never be enough Banana Bread/Loaf versions as far as I am concerned. I know as I already have at least 3 versions on this blog….yes, we do love Banana bread!
This time, I thought I’ll give it some tropical touch. I still used my old go-to Best Banana Bread recipe as the basic foundation though I tweaked it a little to adjust to the addition of shredded Coconut and Coconut Oil.
The result as you can see is a delicious one – a subtle hint of coconut flavoring, notes of lemon tanginess, and of course sweetness from the truly ripe bananas!
And can you see how moist it is? I made sure I took a close-up of the bread so you can see how truly moist and scrumptious it is!
Surely, this competes with the original Best Banana Bread – if you fancy coconut anyway! Please enjoy!
FOR FULL RECIPE & INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW.
INGREDIENTS FOR COCONUT BANANA LOAF
- All-purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Shredded and unsweetened Coconut
- Butter (use unsalted and softened at room temperature)
- Coconut Oil (optional)
- Eggs (room temperature)
- Bananas (use the very ripe spotted ones)
- Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- Grated zest of 1 Lemon
To soften the butter, take it out of the fridge and bring it to room temperature about an hour before you need it. In case that’s not possible here’s a good link on how to soften a butter quicker. If you can’t wait, simply use melted butter.
If you don’t want to use the mixer, simply melt the butter and mix by hand.
A darker loaf pan may produce a darker-looking bread but it won’t affect the taste.
The photo above shows the coconut banana loaf made in a lighter loaf pan hence it’s not as dark as the others (which were baked in a darker loaf tin).
But either way. they’re both delicious!
Now print the recipe below the photo and enjoy this scrumptious bread!
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
COCONUT BANANA LOAF (OR BREAD)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 4 oz unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 bananas, very ripe (ones with spotted peels would work well)
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F . Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan (preferably a light-colored one, if you have it), and then line it with parchment paper. Set aside.Using a wire whisk, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, shredded coconut, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the softened butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture and mix just until combined.NOTE: If you don’t want to use the mixer, simply melt the butter and mix by hand.
- Peel and mash the bananas. If you wish you can put the bananas in a food processor to hasten the process. Add the mashed bananas to the egg mixture and continue to beat until smooth. Pour in the lemon juice, grated zest, and coconut oil (if using). Beat just until combined.
- Slowly stir in the flour mixture just until everything is combined. Pour into the lined loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
Last updated on June 3rd, 2023 at 12:39 pm