Super-moist, tender and delicious is this Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread. My kids really love this and they don’t care that there are veggies in it. It’s that good!
We have been given some huge zucchinis by some friends from church and I didn’t know what to do with them!
Then I remembered that one of the ladies in our previous church brought some chocolate zucchini bread and I got to taste it there and couldn’t believe it had vegetables in it!
It was so moist and really tasty and with no hint at all that there’s zucchini in it, just plain good chocolate yummy-ness in each bite. I was hooked!
However, I never really tried to make one until this week, when we had extra zucchinis. I already had a great recipe for blueberry zucchini bread so I thought I’ll just tweak it a little and add some cocoa powder and of course for extra flavor choco chips (or chunks, if you prefer that)!
I was amazed at how yummy and moist it came out. The chocolate flavor is subtle yet distinct and each mouthful makes you want to have another bite or two or more!!!
As you can see you can make it plain (no chocolate topping) and it still works and is still good. BUT, definitely add those extra chocolate chips on top if you want some extra chocolaty tastes! Worth it!
I am glad that when we have zucchinis aplenty I can make this or the blueberry version if I have some fresh berries at hand. And yes, my husband who always loved zucchini bread anyway, truly enjoyed it and had a few slices….(I won’t tell how many!).
Please enjoy with your favorite coffee or tea and yes, since there are some vegetables in it – you can safely indulge, right? 🙂
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
Ingredients for DOUBLE CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD
For full recipe and instructions, please see the recipe card below.
- all purpose Flour
- unsweetened Cocoa or Cacao powder
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- large Eggs
- Sugar (white)
- Vegetable or any neutral flavored oil
- Vanilla extract
- chocolate chips or chunks (rolled/coated in 2 Tablespoons Flour), plus extra to add on top
As simple as mixing the dry and wet ingredients together until combined. Then we add some chocolate chips to double the chocolate deliciousness. Bake in a preheated oven and the result is one delicious chocolate bread (loaded with vegetables!)
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest so you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD
- 1½ cups all-purpose Flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened Cocoa or Cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking Powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups zucchini, shredded/grated
- 1 cup sugar (white)
- ½ cup vegetable or any neutral-flavored oil*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks (rolled/coated in 2 Tablespoons Flour) plus extra to add on top
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease (or butter) a loaf pan.Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the zucchini, sugar, oil, and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips (including the extra flour with it). Transfer to the prepared loaf pan. Top with extra chocolate chips (optional but makes this bread even yummier!)Bake in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Last updated on August 19th, 2023 at 07:20 pm