A few Christmases ago, while my kids were still quite young, we made some edible crafts that kept them occupied long enough to allow me some peace and quiet for an hour or so and also helped fill their little tummies. At that time, I wanted them not just to enjoy making something with Mommy but also have a sense of fulfillment with the work of their hands. So, we made these easy rice krispie Christmas wreaths.
I have totally forgotten that I took pictures of our finished goodies and remembered these only last night when I was transferring some photos from my old and now almost dying computer to my flash drive. I wanted to rescue the few remaining photos in the computer before it totally conks out on me. Thankfully, I found these and thought to myself I ought to add these photos to a blog post. After all, it’s the perfect timing for these photos as it’s already Christmas season.
We had some mess making these but little sticky hands were quite happy with the results and surely, our tummies, too. Hope you make this a fun project for your kiddies this holiday season! Enjoy!
If you like what you see do subscribe to our posts via email. You can also like us in Facebook or join us on Pinterest so you can get the latest recipes and so much more. Thanks for visiting and happy browsing!
Christmas Krispie Wreaths
By: Manila Spoon
December 9, 2015
Have fun with your kids this Christmas by making these quick, easy and delicious NO BAKE Christmas Rice Krispie Wreaths. Decorate these festive wreaths with sprinkles, candy canes, fruits, etc….the possibilities are endless!
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 4 cups mini-Marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- Sprinkles, candy canes, dried fruits, etc. to decorate
- In a large saucepan, over low heat, melt the butter. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the Vanilla extract. Stir in the rice krispies and mix well until fully coated.
- Pull out roughly about 1/4 cup clump from the mixture and form into wreaths about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Use buttered or greased hands for easy handling. Place the formed krispies on wax paper or parchment paper.
- Decorate with sprinkles, candies, colored sugar or whatever you fancy. It is better to decorate the wreaths as soon as they are formed to ensure that the decorations stick properly. Can be made ahead and freezeable, too. Simply thaw in a cool room.
Yield: 16 – 20 pieces
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes