This post is is sponsored by Prego® Sauces. All opinions are mine alone.
Ready in 30 minutes or less, this delicious Italian Sausage and Broccoli Alfredo Pasta meal makes dinner a breeze for Mom. Just five ingredients is all you need!
My family loves sausages. When we resided in Michigan, we lived near a butcher shop so we often got our favorite South African sausage (Boerewors) from them. Oh, how we miss that! Thankfully, here in New Haven we found out that there’s an Italian grocery that sells a variety of delicious sausages. We may no longer have our favorite Boerewors but now at least we have access to good quality Italian sausage.
I have always made pasta with sausage as that is comfort food for us and you simply cannot go wrong with it. For this post, there was no doubt in my mind that I would make one with Italian sausage as I know through experience that it goes so well with a creamy pasta sauce and for that I’m glad to have Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce to the rescue! This delicious sauce is full of flavor and has the perfect balance of garlic, cream and parmesan cheese. Italian sausage and Prego Homestyle Alfredo is truly a match made in food heaven!
Whenever I make a dish for my family, I add some vegetables to the dish so it’s always a balanced meal. It’s not just tasty but also healthy! That is very important. This one-dish meal is loaded with tomatoes, broccoli, and both fresh and dried herbs – so you know you are feeding your family well with this recipe. Did I mention it’s such a breeze to make? You can make the sauce at the same time the pasta water is boiling so you save a lot of time and all come together at the end.
Here’s how you do it. Simply brown the sausages in a deep pan or large skillet. No need to use oil if the sausage has a little fat in it.
When the meat looks nice and brown already, add the dried oregano and tomatoes. Stir and let the tomatoes soften a little.
And then add that gloriously creamy Prego Homestyle Alfredo sauce and see how delicious it looks already at that point! Just cook until the sauce is heated through or until your pasta is ready.
Then the finale – simply mix the cooked pasta and broccoli (cooked in the same pot as the pasta) and what a lovely and delicious pasta meal you have!
All that goodness in less than 30 minutes!!!
Italian Sausage and Broccoli Alfredo Pasta
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
Click the above printer icon to print. To remove images for easy printing, simply click on each photo.
By: Manila Spoon
January 9, 2015
Ready in 30 minutes or less, this delicious Italian Sausage and Broccoli Alfredo Pasta meal makes dinner a breeze for Mom. Just five main ingredients are all you need!
- 12 oz uncooked Penne or pasta of your choice
- 2-3 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 pound quality Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (14.5) oz jar Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground Oregano or Italian seasoning
- Chopped fresh Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta al dente or according to package directions. During the last 3-4 minutes of cooking add the chopped broccoli florets. When done, drain the pasta and broccoli and set aside.
- While the water boils, brown the sausages in a deep pan or large skillet. No need to use oil since the sausage has enough fat so it won’t dry.
- When the meat looks nice and brown already, add the chopped tomatoes and dried oregano or Italian seasoning. Stir and let the tomatoes soften a little about 4-5 minutes or so.
- Stir in the Prego Homestyle Alfredo sauce into the meat. Simmer until the sauce is heated through or until your pasta is ready.
- Mix the prepared drained pasta and broccoli into the sauce.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with some chopped fresh parsley if desired. A little bit of parmesan on top would also be wonderful!
Yield: 6-8 Servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
Total Time: 25-30 Minutes
Last updated on December 13th, 2020 at 04:17 pm