In 15 minutes or less you can make this easy and yummy classic summer pie that’s creamy, fruity-sweet, light and no bake, too. We served this in a potluck and it was a huge hit!
I love no bake desserts in summer especially this particular summer when we experienced quite a heat wave with temperatures in the upper 90s and heat index of over 100 F. I am from the Philippines so I should be used to this muggy weather, I know, but trust me, even I didn’t enjoy it a bit! Thankfully, there are many sweet treats to enjoy this summer and to help us cool down, too. Certainly, this Millionaire Pie is one of them!
I discovered this classic pie when I was looking for a no bake dessert to feature on our 30 Day Challenge and also to serve on our church potluck. I didn’t get the chance to feature this yummy pie earlier as our readers in an online vote on our page chose the strawberry pie to be posted ahead. But, I promised them that before summer ends, the recipe for Millionaire Pie will follow. So, here it is.
As you can see, it is totally loaded with yumminess – crushed pineapple, cream cheese and then pecans! How you can go wrong with such a combo? And it takes no longer than 15 minutes to make especially if you use a store-bought graham cracker crust. Most, of all it’s no bake and when the temps go as high as 100 F you certainly wouldn’t want to turn on the oven even to make a dessert!
By: Manila Spoon
August 20, 2016
In 15 minutes or less you can make this easy and yummy summer pie that’s creamy, fruity-sweet, light and no bake, too. Served this in a potluck and it was a huge hit!
- 1 store-bought or homemade Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 8 oz can or 1 cup crushed Pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup dried shredded or dessicated Coconut, unsweetened (unless you want the sweetened one)
- 1 cup chopped pecans reserving a few extra for garnish
- 1 8 oz carton of whipped topping, thawed or 2 cups whipping cream, whipped and sweetened with 1/4 cup of Sugar
- Prepare the graham cracker crust if not using a pre-made one and chill in the refrigerator while making the filling.
- Using an electric mixer, whip together the softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth and well-blended, about 4 minutes.
- Stir into the cream cheese mixture the crushed pineapple, grated coconut and pecans. Mix well.
- Fold in gently half of the whipped topping (reserving the other half as topping) and stir everything carefully until evenly mixed. Spoon the filling into the prepared graham cracker crust.
- Top the filling with the remaining whipped cream and spread it all over. Sprinkle the pie with extra pecans. Chill for several hours before serving. Enjoy!
Yield: 8-10 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 0 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes plus chilling time