I make this CRANBERRY FLUFF SALAD all the time during the holiday season and it’s always a huge hit! A perfect balance of tart cranberries, sweet meringues (optional), and fluffy marshmallows all coated in delicious whipped cream cheese, this sweet side dish or dessert is so yummy. Best of all it’s NO BAKE and can be made a day ahead!
Wow! Can you believe 2018 is almost over? I can’t believe it either but here we are.
What a year 2018 has been; I can’t actually believe I survived this year. Please don’t me wrong, I didn’t mean that in a negative way at all. In fact, 2018 has been a truly defining moment for me and perhaps one of the best years the Lord has granted me.
If you had asked me a year or two ago if I had ever thought I’d get the chance to write a cookbook (yes, my own cookbook!) I would have said, “You’re mad, totally mad.” And yet, that’s what 2018 offered and opened up for me.
To cut the story short (as I plan to write a more extended write-up about this whole process and experience in another post), by God’s grace, 2018 became a year that defined me as a blogger and recipe developer.
The Lord has kindly given me a gift (challenging, yes but nonetheless a wonderful gift!) – a chance to author a cookbook of recipes I have always dreamt of making and sharing with you all someday.
Lord-willing, I will present to you a book of our favorite rice and noodle dishes from Southeast Asia come summer 2019. Isn’t that exciting? 🙂
Now, this explains why there were weeks in 2018 when I have been unable to post new recipes to my blog and for that, I sincerely apologize. You probably thought that I was no longer blogging.
Well, let me tell you, I’m back and soon you’ll be receiving more regular updates via your email or through our social media if you follow us.
Talking of social media, if you haven’t been following us yet, please check out the social media icons at the upper right corner of our blog, then click and follow us there. We haven’t stopped posting recipes there from our site and other bloggers so they’re all active!
Let’s go back to the business at hand. I wanted to end this year with a bang and I thought this delicious cranberry and meringue fluff is the perfect holiday dessert to do it.
I know I should have shared this earlier on as I have been making this dessert since Thanksgiving but it’s better late than never and this is still perfect for your NYE’s celebration as it’s a no-fuss dessert so you can concentrate on welcoming 2019!
Did I mention already that this is NO BAKE? And it can be made a day ahead!!! How easy and convenient indeed!
Now, what sets this apart from the many cranberry fluff recipes you may have seen on Pinterest or online, you may ask? The meringues!!!
This was actually inspired by my favorite English dessert – Eton mess – made with whipped cream, strawberries, and, of course, meringues!
I thought why don’t I make a fusion of the American classic fruit fluff dessert with the British Eton mess and, voila!, this dessert was born.
I think it’s absolutely delicious and worked really well. Instead of just using whipped cream (or cool whipped for convenience) with this, I also added a block of cream cheese, and wow – that infused such delectable creaminess to this scrumptious dessert. You simply can’t go wrong.
So before you run out of cranberries, or to celebrate the new year, make this and you’ll be the star at your holiday party! Promise!
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
Cranberry and Meringue Fluff Salad
- 1 12 oz package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup white sugar (see notes)
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered or confectioner’s sugar (see notes)
- 1 large container cool whip (or 16 fl oz heavy cream, whipped until stiff)
- Half a pack of mini-marshmallows, or to taste
- 3-4 oz vanilla or peppermint meringues, coarsely chopped (optional)
- In a food processor, pulse the cranberries a few times until coarsely chopped. Add the crushed pineapple and sugar and give it a quick stir just until everything is blended. Transfer to a large glass bowl (like a trifle bowl) where you would serve it from. Set aside in the fridge as you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- In a food mixer, beat the softened cream cheese with the powdered sugar. When completely blended and smooth, fold in the whipped cream or cool whip.
- Gently fold in the cream cheese mixture with the cranberry mixture. Fold in the marshmallows and chopped meringues (if using). Let sit for about 2 hours in the fridge or preferably overnight. Sprinkle some extra marshmallows, crushed meringues and a few cranberries on top for garnish, just before serving. Serve in the trifle bowl or in individual dessert glasses.
Last updated on November 21st, 2023 at 08:19 pm