The combination of sweet strawberries, fluffy marshmallows, savory cream cheese and crushed meringues all coated in whipped cream makes this one luscious and crave-worthy dessert! A MUST-MAKE this summer as it’s NO BAKE and takes mere minutes to make!
It seems like I’m in a strawberry roll! I’ve been doing some back-to-back recipes that feature strawberries! But, can you blame me?
After all, it’s summertime! Though technically it’s still spring, the bright sunshine, and hot weather makes me feel I’m in the middle of summer already.
Is summer your favorite season? Certainly, it is for me! After all, I grew up on a tropical island with a daily average temperature of 85F (and that’s not summer for us, not until it goes up to 100F and over!). As you can imagine, all this hot weather excites me!
Yes, that’s true despite the fact that spring brings such horrible allergy season for me! It’s worth all that pollen attack as long as I’m under the heat of the sun!
This thought brings me to our newest recipe! When the sun is beating down on you, who wants to turn on the oven to bake something delicious? Tempting as that may be, I always resort, to my no-bake goodies for summer.
This certainly includes this easy and delicious Strawberry Cheesecake Fluff! This was inspired partly by my favorite winter / holiday dessert – Cranberry Meringue Fluff! I thought, why not make a summer version of my favorite Christmas treat!
I feel like it’s similar to celebrating Christmas in July and I am all for that!
Well, I hope I have whet your appetite somehow with the above delicious photos and by simpy knowing what goes into this amazing dessert- sweet strawberries, fluffy marshmallows, savory cream cheese, crushed meringues and sweetened cream – how can you resist all that?
Don’t even try! Trust me it’s unbelievably delicious! This may become your favorite summer dessert and I won’t be surprised if that happens. Enjoy!
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Fluff
- 12 oz fresh strawberries,
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- ½ cup white sugar (may be increased to 3/4 cup, if you want it sweeter)
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered or confectioner's sugar
- 12 oz large container cool whip (or 16 fl oz heavy cream, whipped until stiff)
- 5 oz or half a pack of mini-marshmallows
- 4 oz crushed meringues, optional though highly recommended
- Rinse and coarsely chop the strawberries. Transfer to a large bowl preferably the one you would serve the dessert from. A trifle bowl is perfect for this. Add the crushed pineapple and sugar and give it a gentle stir just until everything is mixed. Set aside in the refrigerator as you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In an electric mixer, beat the softened cream cheese. Slowly add the powdered sugar as you beat the cream cheese. When completely blended and smooth, fold in the whipped cream or cool whip.
- Gently fold in the cream cheese mixture with the strawberry mixture. Fold in the mini-marshmallows and chopped meringues, if using. You may serve it right away or leave to set in the refrigerator for a bit. If it appears soft, simply place in the freezer for about 1-2 hours and then serve.
- Sprinkle some extra marshmallows, crushed meringues and a few chopped strawberries on top for garnish, just before serving. Serve in the trifle bowl or in individual dessert glasses.
Last updated on June 19th, 2021 at 05:04 pm