Only 3-ingredients to make these delectable nibbles! These brie berry bites are great on any holiday table.
I had these frozen mini-phyllo cups which I did not get to use during the holiday season. I thought I ought to use it before it goes off, and I never want to throw food away. If it can still be used and these phyllo cups were all still in good shape, then I will find a way to use them.
Now, at the back of this box of phyllo cups was a recipe for Brie and Berry Cups. I can’t remember exactly the name of the recipe ’cause I have thrown the box away but thankfully I had read the recipe at least twice so I remembered how to do it.
Besides, I had some brie and some berries so why not? The recipe called for raspberries but I didn’t have any but I just recently bought fresh blueberries which were quite luscious and sweet! I thought that it was pretty easy to make and decided to give it a try.
My whole family loved these cute nibbles!
So more-ish we had to control ourselves from eating all of them in one go. Thankfully, there were only 15 of them!
This is truly a wonderful appetizer and will now often be made in our house. Great as nibbles for when you have guests, too! So pretty in presentation and the taste is divine – sweet blueberries contrast well with the savory Brie – a combination of flavor made in heaven!
Of course, the crunchy-buttery phyllo cups add some great flavor and crunch too! Enjoy these super easy but very yummy bites – Brie Berry Bites.
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
NOTES ON INGREDIENTS
- brie log – you may also use the round brie or one sliced in wedges. Simply sliced in small chunks that would fit inside the mini-phyllo cups
- mini-phyllo cups – while this recipe calls for just one box (about 15-16 pieces) you can certainly increase this in number depending on your needs.
- berries or jam – blueberries are my favorite with this but use your favorite berry. Any jam or preserve should work in lieu of the berries.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 5-6 minutes or just until the cheese is melted. Serve warm!
These yummy blueberries may be replaced by your favorite berries such as raspberries or blackberries or even some cranberry sauce.
I promise these nibbles would be a great hit at your holiday party!
Brie Berry Bites
- 6 oz brie Log
- 1 box mini-phyllo cups (about 15 pieces)
- 45 pieces of blueberries or 3 berries per phyllo cup, just get a pint of blueberries if you don’t want to count and then eat the rest!
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Thaw the frozen mini-phyllo cups. Set aside.
- Unwrap the Brie and cut it up into small cubes (just enough to fit the shells) and taking note that cheese would melt and expand as it bakes. No need to peel off its outer skin (unless you absolutely want to!).
- Place a piece of brie in each thawed phyllo cups. Place about 3 berries (blueberries or your favorite berries) or a teaspoon of cranberry sauce or your favorite jam on top of the cheese. Per hubby’s suggestion, I only baked the cheese and placed the fresh fruits on top – they were awesome, too. So – you can bake the fruits with the brie or just use it fresh.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5-6 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Last updated on November 17th, 2023 at 06:25 pm