A hearty slow cooker stew with melt-in-your-mouth tender beef chunks in creamy coconut sauce flavored with curry powder and other spices. SLOW COOKER COCONUT CURRY BEEF STEW – deliciousness in every mouthful!
Fall is the time to make delicious comfort food that will help us cope with freezing cold winter nights. I often experiment on different types and flavors of beef stew so all throughout the season we don’t get tired of the same old, same old recipe.
This time, I fancied something with a bit of an Asian kick. For convenience, I used the slow cooker so it’s just a matter of dumping all the ingredients in, and then it’s ready when we are.
We used some curry powder and other spices to add flavor to the stew and also added some coconut milk for that touch of creamy goodness.
With melt-in-your-mouth tender beef chunks after long slow cooking, I can honestly say – this dish truly tickled our taste buds and we enjoyed each delicious mouthful.
The bonus, it’s even better the next day – assuming there’ll be some left-over which may be doubtful if you’re into curry and rice! Enjoy!
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
ARE YOU HUNGRY YET? RECIPE DOWN BELOW!!!
Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Beef Stew
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 lbs Boneless Beef Chuck cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 medium Onions, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 3 medium carrots, sliced 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 14 oz can coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp ground Ginger
- 1 tsp ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar plus more if needed
- 1 1/2 tbsp Fish Sauce, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Liberally season the beef cubes with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter and oil using medium-high heat (but not smoking hot) in a large and heavy-bottomed pan. Brown the cubed beef in batches. Place the meat in a large platter as you cook.
- Place the onion slices on the slow cooker and top with the browned beef. Add the sweet potatoes and carrots.
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, curry powder, spices, sugar, fish sauce, and a little salt and pepper. Pour over beef and vegetables.
- Cook on low for at least 8-10 hours or about 5-6 hours on high. The length of time varies depending on your crockpot. Adjust seasoning if necessary adding a little more sugar to balance the flavors and some salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with freshly cooked jasmine rice!
Last updated on February 19th, 2022 at 11:59 am