With a layer of dark and white chocolate and dotted all over with red cranberries and green pistachios, this gorgeous double chocolate bark is the ultimate holiday candy! So easy to make and the taste is simply outstanding!
Yesterday, we met with a few friends at church for a small gathering for Christmas 2020. Since it was a potluck, everyone was assigned a particular dish to bring. My daughter and I offered to bring the sweets.
I often volunteer to bring the dessert because, not only because I have a sweet tooth, but my 12-year old daughter loves to bake! She is the pastry and dessert queen in our household! Yes, she is an amazing baker.
At her age she’s already mastered making macarons and is quite adept at making any dessert that calls for meringues. When it comes to baking, she’s more of a pro than me!
She made an exquisite Yule log cake for our gathering while I settled for an equally delicious but easier NO BAKE – Double Chocolate Bark with Cranberries and Pistachios! I was swamped with other things so I decided for an easier yet still fabulous holiday treat!
I must say that both desserts were well-loved and well-received as we both came home with empty platters.
People especially loved this amazing Double Chocolate Bark with Cranberries and Pistachios because of it’s sweet yet complex flavors! Let me tell you what made this totally special.
Let’s start with chocolate – this candy doesn’t have just one chocolate but two —- double the chocolate goodness indeed! So I used both dark (at least 50% dark) and white chocolate. To cut the richness of the chocolate, I added a little bit of salt (just a hint) in order to add another layer of flavor to the sweetness. The sweet-tart flavor comes from the cranberries, extra crunch and savory goodness from the roasted pistachios and yes, some cool mint taste from crushed candy canes! With all that – this chocolate bark was an explosion of flavors indeed – so complex and addictively yummy!
TIPS & TRICKS on the INGREDIENTS to use for this Double Chocolate Bark with Cranberries and Pistachios
- Chocolate – whether for the dark or white chocolate, use a good quality chocolate bar. It is so worth it! It’s ok to use chocolate chips but if you wish to truly make this gourmet and elevate this candy – you can’t beat a good eating chocolate! It is just so much better!!! They don’t have to be expensive – if you are near any Aldi’s at all – get their chocolate bars – for only $1.99 a piece (and sometimes even cheaper than that!). This is not a sponsored post but my choice is always Aldi’s chocolate bars for the good qaulity and cheap price! Win-win!
- Add the salt and crushed candy canes because they make a difference in taste even though the amount used is not much. They both add extra layers of flavor!
- You may used other nuts like pecans but for a holiday look you can’t beat green pistachios. Make sure they’re pre-roasted and of the unsalted variety.
So what are you waiting for? Make sure this Double Chocolate Bark with Cranberries and Pistachios is a part of your holiday treats so make it soon! You won’t be disappointed!!!
Easy Double Chocolate Bark with Cranberries and Pistachios
- 12 oz good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 12 oz good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2-3/4 cup pistachios, unsalted and roasted (and chopped, if desired)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3-4 tbsp crushed candy canes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper or use a silpat. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chopped dark chocolate. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring each time, until the chocolate is glossy and mostly smooth, but still has a few lumps appearing. Stir until the remaining pieces melt completely (the chocolate should be hot at this point and melt any remaining lumps).
- Pour the chocolate all over the prepared pan forming a rectangular shape of about 11x15 inches. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate evenly. If air bubbles are visible, simply tap the pan a couple of times to eliminate them. Allow to cool and set in the fridge. Make sure the dark chocolate is set before you pour the white chocolate on top.
- Repeat the same procedure for the white chocolate.
- Mix the cranberries, pistachios and salt. Sprinkle the mixed nuts and crushed candy canes all over the chocolate. Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until fully set and firm. Use a sharp knife to slice the bark into pieces. Now you can enjoy these bites of chocolate deliciousness or wrap in clear plastic bags and distribute as Christmas gifts!
Last updated on December 23rd, 2020 at 09:48 am