Loaded with white chocolate, dotted with cranberries and deliciously moist and sweet-tangy, these pretty Cranberry White Chocolate muffins are the perfect holiday treat for Thanksgiving or Christmas breakfast or brunch!
I have an overabundance of cranberries right now because it’s my favorite winter berry and so I tend to overbuy them when they’re in season. But I have no fear that they’d be wasted as I have at least about 17 cranberry recipes in this blog so I won’t run out of recipes to make use of them.
However, I realized that I don’t have many muffin recipes using cranberries so decided to make another batch; this time pairing cranberries with white chocolate as I know it would make such a delicious combo – chocolaty with a contrast of fresh tangy/tart goodness from the berries. Oh, boy these muffins came out delicious!
It was so good that my little girl, after she tried a couple (ok, it was more than that!!), told me, “Mom, if you make a cookbook, you should include this!” She totally loved these muffins and the rest of the family, too.
I would suggest using fresh cranberries if you can make them as the tartness/tanginess coming from the fruits give this such a delicious flavor, especially in contrast with the white chocolate. Also, it’s not overly sweet but just right.
The addition of yogurt (or sour cream) added some extra moisture and of course further depth of flavor, too. Hope you try these muffins before the fresh cranberries are gone!
Cranberry White Chocolate Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs, large and at room temperature
- 1 cup Yogurt, plain
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup white Sugar
- 1 1/3 cup Cranberries, preferably fresh and chopped
- 1 cup white Chocolate chips
- 1-2 tablespoons white Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Line your muffin pan with paper cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs and the yogurt together. Add in the oil, vanilla extract and 1/2 cup each brown and white sugar. Mix until combined. Mix both the wet and dry ingredients.
- Fold in the cranberries and white chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan dividing it evenly. Sprinkle the remaining sugar on top of the muffins. Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Last updated on November 10th, 2022 at 02:47 pm