Melt-in-your-mouth delicious Instant Pot Dilled Pot Roast! I don’t make any other pot roast as this is for us the best pot roast ever! The dilled sour cream gravy brings this over the top and only a few ingredients are needed to make this. A sure winner!
We just had this for dinner and wow, it was so good we couldn’t get enough of this!
I honestly don’t make any other pot roast as once I have discovered this delicious pot roast I never bothered to try anything else? You may wonder why that is.
Well, my philosophy in life is once you find what’s best, why settle for anything less? Naturally, life doesn’t always work out that way but let me tell you – this pot roast does!
It’s seriously melt-in-your-mouth delicious that everyone I have served this to always give this a rave review and often amazed that it doesn’t take much effort to make this nor do you need a ton of ingredients! So, why settle for anything else?
I have often made this in the slow cooker but I thought today since I am running out of time (I didn’t have the luxury to wait 8 hours), I thought I’d try in in the instant pot.
While I have used my instant pot many times before this was my first attempt to use it for a pot roast. Initially, I wasn’t sure how it would work out or whether it would be as tender or tasty as the slow cooker version seeing that the meat is steeped for hours in a crockpot which naturally guaranteed a meltingly tender and perfect roast.
But, hey it’s worth a try and, wow, was I glad it worked out so well! Simply look at the photos and you can actually see how juicy, moist and tender the meat came out. And that sauce!!!
My family loves it smothered in this deliciously creamy gravy that perfectly complements the beef. I dare you to only have one serving! Hope you try this super yummy and super easy pot roast.
CAN THIS BE MADE IN THE SLOW COOKER?
YES! It’s pretty much the same instructions; sear the beef, place it in the slow cooker with the other ingredients save the flour and sour cream (to be added later), and then cook.
If you prefer to do it in the slow cooker, here’s the recipe for that. You may or may not wish to sear the beef first but I highly recommend it as it adds so much depth of flavor and when done in the instant pot, there’s n0 need to use another pan. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Dilled Pot Roast
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tsp dill weed, or to taste
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp. flour (or cornstarch diluted with water for gluten-free option)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Turn the instant pot on then select Sauté. Heat the oil. As it heats up, generously season the beef chuck roast with salt and pepper. Place the seasoned beef in the instant pot once it's hot and sear all over. As you turn the beef to sear, sprinkle with the dill weed.
- Add the vinegar and water to the pot. Cover the instant pot and secure the lid (make sure it’s on sealing position). Select Manual and cook on high for 60-70 minutes. I do mine at exactly 70 minutes because I want to the meat to be super tender. Once done, allow a natural release. Carefully remove the lid and transfer the meat to a dish and keep warm.
- Choose the Sauté function again. Add the sour cream and the flour, stir, then allow to simmer until the gravy thickens to your liking. Taste and adjust seasoning, if desired. Serve the pot roast with the gravy on the side.
Last updated on June 16th, 2022 at 03:45 pm