Deliciously refreshing, all-natural and so good for you, too – Strawberry Banana and Applesauce Smoothie.
I have been experimenting and using Applesauce in my smoothies and I have been quite happy with the results!
I initially tried it with my Blueberry Banana Smoothie and it was just so yummy I decided to try it this time with some lovely strawberries which were on sale this week!
Naturally, I wasn’t surprised at all that it came out as wonderful as the Blueberry one. But if you don’t have some Applesauce handy then why not try it with real apples – I am pretty sure it’ll come out great too!
Truly a healthy smoothie that’s totally guilt-free! Without much ado, enjoy this Strawberry Banana and Applesauce Smoothie!
NOTES ON INGREDIENTS FOR Strawberry Banana and Applesauce Smoothie
- Bananas – use frozen bananas so you don’t need to add extra ice and make a cold smoothie right away. If you don’t have any frozen bananas the fresh ones should work well, too. Simply add some ice to your liking.
- Strawberries – fresh or frozen may be used too. Use strawberries in season for the juiciest and freshest taste.
- Applesauce – use unsweetened for a lesser sugar treat. If sweetened is what’s available you may not need to add any sweetener at all. You can also use fresh apples if that is preferred.
- Yogurt – plain or vanilla-flavored yogurt may be used. For a thicker smoothie, use the pre-strained Greek yogurt variety.
- Honey or Agave Nectar – use your favorite sweetener!
SIMPLE Procedure in making this Strawberry Banana and Applesauce Smoothie
Peel the frozen bananas then simply slice the bananas into smaller pieces.
Place the strawberries, applesauce, yogurt, frozen bananas, and your preferred sweetener in
the blender. Process until smooth. Adjust the sweetness to your taste. Serve immediately!
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
Strawberry Banana and Applesauce Smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Applesauce (if sweetened you may not need to add any sweetener at all) – or 2 fresh apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Honey or Agave Nectar, or to taste
- Peel the frozen bananas. I find the potato peeler or a small knife useful to remove the frozen skin. Slice the bananas into smaller pieces.
- Place the strawberries, applesauce, yogurt, frozen bananas, and your preferred sweetener in the blender. Process until smooth. Adjust the sweetness to your taste. Serve immediately!
Last updated on July 8th, 2021 at 05:07 am