Do you stick to one particular supermarket or grocery store when you go shopping for food on a weekly basis? Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't depending on which one has a sale. I do have three favorite stores that I make my rounds on. I already know, more or less, where to go for particular products or for certain food and that helps make everything easier and convenient.
One of our favorite stores is Trader Joe's so we went there yesterday. I always navigate to the cheese aisle when I go to there as I love the variety of cheeses they have there especially the ones from Europe. Hubby is English so he still craves a lot of European cheese especially the English kind. Since the holiday season is on us already, I was delighted to see many variety of fruit flavored cheeses on display and what caught my attention was this yummy looking cranberry covered (smothered more like it) chevre cheese! Immediately, I thought to myself - I gotta make a sandwich - something that would be great not just as a snack for fall and winter but also perfect as appetizer for Thanksgiving, Christmas or any holiday table.
So, I immediately bought my favorite sandwich ingredients and thought I'd make a Cranberry Cheese and Prosciutto Sandwich in time for the kiddies to come back from school.
I used a cranberry raisin and pecan bread for the sandwich but you can use your favorite bread, too. I simply spread the colorful goat cheese (isn't it lovely with the tint of cranberry against the white?) over a slice and stopped to admire how yummy it looked already.....lol. :) If you can't find the cranberry flavored chevre, no worries, you can use plain goat cheese (even mascarpone or cream cheese) and then some homemade or store bought cranberry sauce or jam and then just spread both on the bread. That would work, too.
If you like what you see do subscribe to our posts via email. You can also like us in Facebook or join us on Pinterest so you can get the latest recipes and so much more. Thanks for visiting and happy browsing!
Cranberry Cheese and Prosciutto SandwichBy: Manila Spoon
November 13, 2015
Fruity, cheesy, savory deliciousness in one bite in this quick and easy fall and winter sandwich. Great as appetizer for Thanksgiving, Christmas or any holiday table!
- A loaf of Cranberry Pecan Bread (or your favorite sandwich bread)
- 8 oz Cranberry Chevre (fresh Goat Cheese or Mascarpone)
- A bunch of fresh Arugula (Baby Rockets)
- 6 - 8 oz thinly sliced Prosciutto
- Honey, to taste
- A little Butter for toasting the bread (optional)
- Spread some Cranberry Chevre or goat cheese on one side of a slice of bread. Top it with arugula, 2 slices of prosciutto then drizzle with a little honey. Top with the remaining slice.
- This next step is optional but it sure adds extra flavor so I highly suggest this. Butter the exposed part of the bread on either side. If you have a panini press, heat it then toast the prepared sandwich to your liking. If you don’t have one, simply use a flat griddle or frying pan to toast the bread. Flip and repeat on the other side. Serve warm.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 2 Minutes of Toasting Time
Total Time: 12 Minutes