I love cooking with spices. I just love the intense complexity in flavor that a little dash of cinnamon, nutmeg or my favorite cardamon can add to a dish. When I decided to make some condiment for Thanksgiving, I thought it had to be cranberry sauce and a spiced one, too.
I love Indian spices especially cardamom. I buy a big bag of it which I use for making homemade Chai Tea. An Indian fried of ours taught me me how to make authentic Chai and once I got introduced to cardamom, which is Chai's premier ingredient, I was hooked. After that I have used cardamom in many dishes I have made especially in curries as hubby and I are huge curry fans. I recently made pumpkin lassi and used cardamom for that and thought to myself it would be awesome to use cardamom in flavoring cranberry sauce, too! I know a little cardamom goes a long way so I thought I'll give it a try.
If you like what you see do subscribe to our posts via email. You can also like us in Facebook or join us on Pinterest so you can get the latest recipes and so much more. Thanks for visiting and happy browsing!
Spiced Cranberry SauceBy: Manila Spoon
November 18, 2015
Flavored with nutmeg, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon this Spiced Cranberry Sauce will blow your taste buds away. It's seriously delicious and the perfect condiment for Thanksgiving, Christmas and any holiday!
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups Sugar
- 4 cups fresh or frozen Cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cloves
- In a heavy saucepan, dissolve the sugar in water by stirring over low to medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cranberries and the spices and stir. Lower the heat and cook until the cranberries pop about 10-12 minutes and the sauce has thickened to your liking.
- The cranberry sauce can be made a day or 2 ahead. Refrigerate if making ahead. Serve at room temperature.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes