Hubby and I are huge chocoholics so you can be sure there's always some chocolate hidden somewhere in the fridge for that moment when we have an instant chocolate craving. Naturally, I often use chocolate as a main ingredient for dessert because I can be certain it will always be a hit just because there's chocolate in it. Certainly, that's the case in this delicious No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake.
Hubby loved it of course and he even recommended that I add some fresh raspberry coulis with it as he thought it would be a great combination. And of course, he's right as raspberry and chocolate are always an awesome pair! The fresh, fruity and sweet-tangy raspberry sauce cuts on the richness of the cake and at the same time provide a delicious contrast of flavors. It is a marriage made in culinary heaven for sure. Come this Valentine's Day and I don't experiment with a new dessert you can be certain this would be on our table!
If you wish to make the raspberry coulis and pair it with this cheesecake which I highly recommend, here's the easy recipe for it. It's quite simple to make and uses only 2 ingredients!
Yummy No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
Use dark, milk or white chocolate to make this luscious Chocolate Cheesecake! Just 30 minutes to make and best of all no baking involved. The ultimate dessert for any chocolate lover!
For the Crust
- 18 Graham Cracker Squares, crushed (or Digestives - about 10 - roughly 1 1/2 cups when crushed)
- 1 (2.5 - 3 oz) packet of Pecans or Walnuts, crushed (roughly 3/4 cup)
- 6 Tablespoons, unsalted Butter, melted
- 14 oz good quality Chocolate (dark, milk or white) broken into pieces
- 3 Tablespoons, unsalted Butter
- 2 (8-ounce) packages Cream Cheese, room temperature (softened)
- 1/3 cup caster or super-fine white Sugar
- 6 Fl. oz / 3/4 cup - Heavy (or whipping) Cream
- 1 teaspoon, pure Vanilla Extract
- Raspberry Coulis (see recipe here)
- To make the crust, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until evenly moistened. Press the crumb mixture into a 9-inch springform pan using the smooth bottom of a glass. Spread the crumb mixture to about 1/2-inch up the sides. Chill the crust while you are making the filling.
- In a heat-proof bowl over barely simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter. Stir occasionally. Let it cool for a couple of minutes afterwards.
- While the butter and chocolate are slowly melting, prepare the other ingredients. In a bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the softened cream cheese, heavy cream and sugar until it has a smooth consistency, roughly 3 minutes. Note that your cream cheese should be in room temperature so it's easier to mix and to avoid lumps. Pour in the vanilla extract and the melted chocolate. Beat until everything is smooth and well-blended. Spoon the mixture on the prepared springform pan. Spread the mixture evenly and allow it to set at least overnight. This can be made about 2 days ahead.
- When completely cool and set, slice the cake and drizzle on top with some raspberry coulis just before serving.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Total time: 30 minutes plus chilling time
Tags: Chocolate, Cheesecake, Raspberry Coulis, No Bake, Desserts, Sweets, Valentine's Day, Summer