My family, including my kids, love Asparagus so when we see it on sale we definitely buy a bunch or 2 for cooking. We have our favorite asparagus dishes like the cheesy Asparagus with Parmesan or the Asparagus Tart but I thought of doing another quick and easy stir-fry type asparagus dish so we don't get bored with the same old, same old.
Thankfully, I still had some bacon and mushrooms on the fridge so I thought it may be a good idea to cook the asparagus with a bit of bacon and why not throw in some mushrooms for good measure!! We definitely had a lovely lunch with this. I ate it with eggs -- that was my late breakfast or brunch! It think they really went to gether very well.
The best thing, this is so easy to prep and quick to cook. Less than 15 minutes. Season it to taste and my Asian in me would recommend a little bit of soy sauce for seasoning in place of salt, just to give it some flavor lift but if that's not your thing - salt and pepper will do! Enjoy!
Asparagus with Bacon and Mushrooms
This quick and easy Asparagus dish is loaded with flavor from bacon and mushrooms! Done in 15 minutes or less. Totally gluten-free and low-carb, too.
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 5 Bacon strips, chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 8-12 oz. Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb. Asparagus, sliced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Heat a little oil in a large skillet or pan. Add the chopped bacon and cook until crisp. Transfer to another plate.
- Quickly saute the garlic in the bacon fat. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add the asparagus and cover and cook until the asparagus is crisp-tender about 2-3 minutes depending on how thick your asparagus spears are. Season with salt and pepper (or soy sauce!!) Serve immediately!
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.
Tags: Low-carb, Gluten-free, Asparagus, Mushrooms, Bacon, Side Dish