Buttery, nutty, garlicky, and deliciously good are these amazing Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts in Garlic Butter. A perfect side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas or great to nibble on its own. Tried, tested and won’t disappoint!
Ever since I made my post on Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Bacon, my family and I have totally fallen-in-love with Brussels Sprouts.
Who knew this mostly-maligned and snubbed vegetable can taste truly yummy and quite more-ish!
If you learn how to cook Brussels Sprouts properly, you will truly be rewarded with a delicious side dish that doesn’t taste bitter or yucky but actually quite yummy and a little nutty (not the crazy kind!). 🙂
You’re probably thinking – of course, when you add Bacon to the mix it would become delish as bacon makes anything delicious or at least palatable and that includes Brussels Sprouts.
True, I must say bacon does add that flavorful taste on sauteed Brussels Sprouts; that cannot be denied.
But, what if there’s no bacon available? Can Brussels Sprouts ever taste yummy without good old bacon to lift it up?
The answer is a resounding YES! This recipe does not require any bacon or bacon fat for flavor – instead – garlic-flavored butter plus a sprinkling of some parmesan cheese at the end of cooking (the latter is optional though it does add another layer of deliciousness to the dish for sure!) makes this dish superbly tasty!
The technique of cooking as well allows the Brussels Sprouts to absorb all the delicious flavor of the garlic butter at the same time highlighting its yummy nutty flavor.
If you don’t fancy the one with Bacon (my question is why???) – then at least give this Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts in Garlic Butter a try!
I promise you won’t be disappointed. If my 8-year old can’t help but munch on this a lot as he loves this, then am sure you will, too. Enjoy!
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
NOTES on INGREDIENTS FOR Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts in Garlic Butter
Buttery, nutty, garlicky, and deliciously good. A perfect side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas or great to nibble on its own. Tried and tested!
- Brussels Sprouts – fresh and good quality Brussels sprouts would work best for this. Try to get the sprouts still on their stalk rather than the bagged ones.
- Olive Oil – this may be replaced with Avocado oil if you like.
- Butter – you may use unsalted butter so you can adjust the salt according to your preference.
- Garlic cloves – add as many or as few as you want. We love this with a lot of garlic as we love that flavor but feel free to adjust the amount.
- Salt and Pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese – while this is optional, do add it because it makes this even yummier and my kids can never have enough of this, especially with the cheese sprinkled on top.
Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts in Garlic Butter
- 24 Brussels Sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 4 Garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese, optional
- In a large shallow pan* using medium heat, melt the butter with olive oil. Let the butter bubble a little then add the garlic cloves and cook until they turn pale-brown/lightly browned.
- Remove the garlic cloves. Discard. Turn the heat to low.
- Place every brussels sprouts cut-side down on the pan. Simmer covered for about 10-12 minutes or until the brussels sprouts are nicely browned (cut-side) and tender when pierced.
- Serve on a platter. Season with salt and pepper to taste and to add extra yum – sprinkle on top with some Parmesan cheese. Delish!
Last updated on October 27th, 2022 at 06:34 pm