Double the chocolate equals pure chocolate bliss – Double Chocolate Chip Muffins! So deliciously perfect for breakfast or as a snack!
Oh, muffins! They are a family favorite and definitely one of the first-ever baked treats I have ever tried.
The first one I have ever attempted was a blueberry muffin recipe. I was so excited when it came out edible.
That’s what happens when you are a first-time baker. 🙂 I discovered that the muffins are even better when I use fresh or frozen Michigan blueberries; they are the best!
After trying other fruit-flavored muffins (another favorite is a mango almond muffin….that reminds me, I ought to blog about that, too!) I thought it’s time I make something chocolaty.
After all, we are big chocoholics in our family. Every time I am in a coffee house, the muffin I often choose to go with my coffee is always a chocolate muffin – I think it’s the perfect pair!
Here’s a recipe that’s easy to make and truly scrumptious. The chocolate flavor sings complemented with subtle vanilla and cinnamon flavoring.
We loved these muffins and my kids were all smiles when these came out freshly baked from the oven.
I love to eat each muffin while still warm so the chocolate chips are still quite meltingly delicious and gooey! Try it soon and have it with your coffee or milk for the kiddies! 🙂
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
All that yummy chocolate chips on top, too!
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Handy tool: Ice Cream Scoop
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 4 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt optional, if your butter is salted
- 8 oz unsalted Butter, softened (room temp)
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 cup dark Chocolate Chips, or your favorite flavor plus extra for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients – flour, cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually, beat in the eggs. Add the vanilla extract and milk and mix until well-blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix just until combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl, if needed. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the mixture into the muffin pan, dividing it evenly. Press a few more chocolate chips on top of each muffin, if desired. Bake for about 15-18 minutes or until a tester inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. So chocolaty good – and yummy eaten warm as the chocolate melts in your mouth!
Last updated on June 3rd, 2021 at 11:24 am