Flavored with orange juice and yummy spices like nutmeg, cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon this Spiced Cranberry Sauce will blow your taste buds away. It’s seriously delicious and the perfect condiment for Thanksgiving, Christmas and any holiday!
I love cooking with spices. I just love the intense complexity in flavor that a little dash of cinnamon, nutmeg or my favorite cardamon can add to a dish. When I decided to make some condiments for Thanksgiving, I thought it had to be cranberry sauce and a spiced one, too.
I love Indian spices especially cardamom. I buy a big bag of it which I use for making homemade Chai Tea. An Indian fried of ours taught me how to make authentic Chai and once I got introduced to cardamom, which is Chai’s premier ingredient, I was hooked.
After that I have used cardamom in many dishes I have made especially in curries as hubby and I are huge curry fans. I recently made pumpkin lassi and used cardamom for that and thought to myself it would be awesome to use cardamom in flavoring cranberry sauce, too! I know a little cardamom goes a long way so I thought I’ll give it a try.
Honestly, my taste buds were blown away by the flavors in this cranberry sauce. The addition of cardamom worked and the combination with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves was perfect.
A subtle hint of nutmeg, a nuance of cardamon and of course the yummy flavors from cinnamon and cloves give this Thanksgiving condiment an amazing taste. And, it’s such a breeze to make! Hope you give this spiced Cranberry Sauce a try this holiday season!
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
Click the above icon to print. To remove images for easy printing, simply click on each photo.
Spiced Cranberry Sauce
By: Manila Spoon
November 18, 2015
Flavored with nutmeg, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon this Spiced Cranberry Sauce will blow your taste buds away. It’s seriously delicious and the perfect condiment for Thanksgiving, Christmas and any holiday!
- 1 cup Orange Juice or Water
- 2 cups Sugar
- 4 cups fresh or frozen Cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cloves
- In a heavy saucepan, dissolve the sugar in orange juice or water by stirring over low to medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cranberries and the spices and stir. Lower the heat and cook until the cranberries pop about 10-12 minutes and the sauce has thickened to your liking. It will also thicken as it cools down.
- The cranberry sauce can be made a day or 2 ahead. Refrigerate if making ahead. Serve at room temperature.
Yield: 10-12 Servings
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes