Use fresh, frozen or dried cranberries to make this moist and delicious White Chocolate Cranberry Coffee Cake. Perfect to serve for tea time as well and certainly as a holiday dessert!
The holidays are over! I feel quite sad as Christmas season is my favorite time of the year. Alas, it seems forever until the next one. Sigh. Thankfully, I still had some remnants of the holidays. A pack of cranberries, half a pack of white chocolate chips and a holiday bundt pan which went on sale so I had no choice but to buy it! That was my excuse anyway. So what does a girl do with these? Naturally, I thought about cake – a delicious sweet treat that I can enjoy with coffee.
I usually bake during weekends so I can bring something to church the next day; just a little something we could all enjoy for a coffee break. Thankfully, because of some holiday leftovers, I was able to bake this cake. I think they enjoyed it as when I came back to fetch my cake stand, it was all washed and clean and not a teeny bit of cake was left. I was glad it was all gone otherwise I would have been more than tempted to eat it all as I truly loved the flavor contrast of tangy cranberries with the white chocolate – after all, it’s a classic Christmas combo, isn’t it?
The cake came out really moist as well thanks to the yogurt which added moisture and enhanced the flavor, too. The sweet glaze was a delicious bonus that did not overpower but contributed to the over-all yummy taste.
Here’s the cake before it was glazed. I really loved that bundt pan!
And here it is drizzled with yummy glaze all over!
And it came out moist with lovely dots of cranberries all over! For sure this will be added on our holiday table Christmas 2016, Lord-willing. So, if you still have some left-over cranberries – fresh, frozen or dried – then try this cake.
If you like what you see do subscribe to our posts via email. You can also like us in Facebook or join us on Pinterest so you can get the latest recipes and so much more. Thanks for visiting and happy browsing!
White Chocolate Cranberry Coffee Cake
By: Manila Spoon
January 4, 2016
Use fresh, frozen or dried cranberries to make this moist and delicious White Chocolate Cranberry Coffee Cake. Perfect to serve for tea time as well.
- 2 cups all purpose Flour plus 2 tablespoons extra, divided
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup (8 oz) plain Yogurt
- 1/3 cup Vegetable or Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped Cranberries (coated/mixed with 2 tablespoons flour)
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
For the Glaze
- 1 cup Confectioner’s (powdered) Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Half and half or milk
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Butter and flour a 6-cup bundt pan. Make sure to grease all the nooks and corner of the bundt pan especially if using a fancy one.
- In a bowl, whisk together the 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the sugar and sour cream and mix well. Pour the oil and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Slowly mix in the flour. Fold in the chopped cranberries (previously mixed with 2 tablespoons flour) and the white chocolate chocolate chips.
- Transfer to the bundt pan ensuring every corner is properly filled. Smooth out the surface of the batter. Tap the cake on the counter top to release any remaining air bubbles (to prevent cake from breaking apart). Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Leave it to cool in the bundt for about 10 minutes. Release the cake onto a rack to cool completely. Glaze the cake if desired.
- For the glaze: In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients for the glaze. Mix well until you reach a glaze consistency. Drizzle the glaze all over the cake. Enjoy!
Yield: 10-12 slices
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45-55 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour