Indulge in a luscious No-Bake Classic Million Dollar Pie. Easy recipe with a delicious creamy filling filled with pineapples, coconut, and maraschino cherries on a graham cracker crust. Perfect dessert delight!
Wow!!! We really love this pie! It’s a family favorite not just for summer but any time of the year!
This No-Bake Cherry Millionaire Pie is a delightful and indulgent dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. With a luscious flavor from pineapples, cherries, and coconut and a creamy texture, too it’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Best of all, it’s easy to make and requires no baking!
You’ll quickly fall for the irresistible charm of this No-Bake Million Dollar Pie. Picture a heavenly fusion of pineapples, coconut, and cherries enclosed in velvety whipped cream, plus the extra texture and crunch from toasted pecans all embraced by a buttery graham cracker crust.
This dessert is a delightful symphony of flavors and textures that requires no baking, making it a stress-free masterpiece for any occasion. Prepare to be captivated by the effortless elegance and the sheer joy of savoring a slice of this exquisite pie.
Let’s get started and discuss how this Million Dollar Pie is easily made including some tips and tricks on how to make it perfect everytime!
FOR FULL RECIPE & INSTRUCTIONS and to PRINT, SEE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF POST.
WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THIS CLASSIC MILLION DOLLAR PIE?
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust (store-bought or homemade) – A foundation of crumbled graham crackers mixed with butter and a little sugar, this crust provides a crunchy and buttery contrast to the creamy filling. It perfectly complements the other flavors in the pie offering a satisfying base.
- 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened – this provides a nice savory cheesy flavor that contrasts yet perfectly compliment all the sweet elements of this million dollar pie. Make sure to beat the cream cheese until very smooth so the pie would not be lumpy.
- 8 oz can or 1 cup crushed pineapple – this adds moisture to the pie and a delicate fruity sweetness that makes the pie so lush!
- 1 cup dried shredded or desiccated Coconut, unsweetened – the addition of coconut is not just for texture but for an added layer of flavor.
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries, plus a few extra for garnish – these are cherries in syrup and either canned or in glass jars. You can adjust the amount to your taste. Make sure to drain the cherries before using then chop them coarsely.
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans, plus a few extra for garnish – for both nutty flavor and extra crunch, make sure to add these toasted pecans!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of cherry juice – this is the juice or syrup the cherries are soaked in. Make sure to reserve this amount when you drain the cherries. This not only adds that light pinkish hue to the pie but also enhances the cherry essence in it infusing each bite with a delightful fruity taste.
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk – a creamy, velvety mixture of milk and sugar, the sweetened condensed milk forms the base of the filling, contributing to the pie’s rich and luscious texture.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp lemon juice – The zesty citrus notes of lemon juice balances the sweetness, providing a tangy contrast that complements the pineapples and cherries and adds a refreshing twist to the pie’s creamy filling.
- 2 cups freshly whipped cream, divided – This may be replaced by a tub of cool whip though I highly recommend using the fresh cream not only because it holds its shape better but because the flavor is so much better too. It’s worth the little extra effort. Add 2-3 tablespoons of powdered sugar to add some sweetness. Whipped cream is folded into the filling, creating a luxurious and smooth consistency. It adds a dreamy creaminess that melts in your mouth with every spoonful.
HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS EASY MILLION DOLLAR PIE?
Prepare the graham cracker crust if not using a pre-made one and chill in the refrigerator while making the filling. You can use the recipe here for graham cracker crust.
Using an electric mixer, whip together the softened cream cheese until smooth and no more lumps appear. Add the crushed pineapple, coconut, maraschino cherries and their juice, toasted pecans, condensed milk, and lemon juice. Mix well. Set aside.
Make the whipped cream. To whip the heavy cream, place the cream in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until it begins to thicken. Slowly add 2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
Fold in gently half of the whipped cream (reserving the other half as a topping) into the cherry and pineapple mixture. Stir everything carefully until evenly mixed. Spoon the filling into the prepared graham cracker crust. Top the filling with the remaining whipped cream (or cool whip, if using this instead) and spread it all over. Sprinkle the pie with extra pecans and chopped cherries.
Refrigerate to set for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight. Serve chilled.
Tips and Techniques to Make the Best No Bake Million Dollar Pie
To create the best No-Bake Million Dollar Pie, follow these tips and techniques to ensure a delicious and visually appealing dessert:
- Graham Cracker Crust Consistency: When making your own graham cracker crust, make sure to finely crush the graham crackers and mix them thoroughly with melted butter. Press the mixture firmly into the pie dish for a stable crust.
- Proper Mixing Technique: When combining the pineapples, coconut, sweetened condensed milk, cherry juice, lemon juice, chopped cherries, pecans, and whipped cream, use gentle folding motions. This prevents overmixing and ensures a creamy, well-incorporated filling.
- Chill Time: Allow the pie to chill for a sufficient amount of time to set and develop flavors. Overnight chilling is recommended to achieve the best consistency and taste.
- Whipped Cream Stabilization: Add a little powdered sugar not only to add sweetness to the cream but help set and stabilize it.
- Garnish Creatively: Enhance the pie’s presentation with a decorative touch. You can top the pie with additional chopped cherries and chopped pecans.
- Slicing and Serving: Dip a sharp knife in hot water before slicing the pie. This will help you achieve clean, smooth cuts. Serve the slices on chilled dessert plates for an optimal dining experience.
- Storage: To keep the pie fresh and prevent it from becoming too soft, store it in the refrigerator. Consider covering the pie with plastic wrap or a lid to prevent any odors from affecting the taste.
By following these tips and techniques, you’ll create a No-Bake Million Dollar Pie that’s visually stunning, full of flavor, and has a perfect creamy texture that your friends and family will adore.
How do I store this No Bake Million Dollar Pie and how long does it last?
To store your No-Bake Cherry Millionaire Pie and ensure its freshness, follow these guidelines:
- Refrigeration: Once you’ve prepared and chilled your No-Bake Cherry Millionaire Pie, store it in the refrigerator. Make sure to cover the pie with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent it from absorbing any odors or flavors from other foods in the fridge.
- Chill Time: Allow the pie to chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight, before serving. This will help the flavors meld and the filling set properly.
- Long-Term Storage: The No-Bake Cherry Millionaire Pie can typically be stored in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. While it will still be safe to eat beyond this timeframe, the texture and flavor may begin to deteriorate over time.
- Freezing: If you need to store the pie for a longer period, you can consider freezing it. Wrap the pie tightly in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil, and place it in an airtight container. Frozen No-Bake Cherry Millionaire Pie can last for about 1 to 2 months in the freezer.
- Thawing: When you’re ready to enjoy the frozen pie, transfer it to the refrigerator to thaw gradually. This process may take several hours or overnight. Avoid thawing at room temperature to prevent uneven melting and loss of texture.
- Note on Toppings: If your pie is garnished with whipped cream or fresh cherries, it’s best to add these toppings just before serving to maintain their freshness and appearance.
Always use your best judgment when assessing the quality and safety of stored food. If the pie shows signs of spoilage, such as an off smell or unusual texture, it’s advisable to discard it.
Remember that these storage guidelines are general recommendations, and factors like temperature, humidity, and individual ingredients can affect the shelf life of the pie.
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
Easy No Bake Million Dollar Pie
- 1 store-bought or homemade Graham Cracker Crust, use a large pie crust (at least 10 inch)
- 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz can or 1 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup dried shredded or desiccated Coconut, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup jarred or canned maraschino cherries plus a few extra for garnish, drained (reserve its syrup) and chopped coarsely,
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cherry juice, from the reserved syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans, reserve a few extra for garnish
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups whipping or heavy cream, whipped until stiff peaks form and sweetened with 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (or substitute with 1 tub of cool whip, see notes).
- Using an electric mixer, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth and no more lumps appear. Add the crushed pineapple, coconut, maraschino cherries and its juice, toasted pecans, condensed milk, and lemon juice. Mix well. Set aside.
- Make the whipped cream. To whip the heavy cream, place the cream in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until it begins to thicken. Slowly add 2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in gently half of the whipped cream (reserving the other half as a topping) into the cherry and pineapple mixture. Stir everything carefully until evenly mixed.
- Spoon the pie filling into the prepared graham cracker crust. Top the filling with the remaining whipped cream and spread it all over.
- Sprinkle the pie with extra pecans and chopped cherries. Refrigerate to set for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight. Serve chilled.
Last updated on August 23rd, 2023 at 10:15 pm