With just 4 ingredients and a few minutes to whip up, this classic ENGLISH DESSERT is the perfect summer dessert! Always a hit whenever I make this!!
We had a holiday in England last June – perfect time for all that glorious English strawberries. Naturally, we’ve had many a desserts that use these yummy berries. Our favorite of all is this English classic — Eton Mess. You know why? It wasn’t only delicious but has just 3 ingredients — meringue, cream and strawberries!! When you use store-bought meringue (which I do) all you need is 10 minutes to make this awesome summer dessert!! Intrigued? Read on….
I have served this a few times already and everytime it is well-received and the recipe often asked. It’s funny because it’s so easy I feel like it doesn’t really even need a recipe. However, for the benefit of our dear readers who, perhaps, are not familiar with this delicious dessert, I write this recipe – this is my gift for you!!
To delete the photos for printing, click on the image box and tick the “remove” button.
By: Manila Spoon
August 5, 2017
With just a few ingredients and mere minutes to whip up, this classic English dessert – Eton Mess – is the easiest and yummiest dessert you can make with your summer berries! Always a hit whenever I make this!!
- 1 pound fresh Strawberries, chopped
- 3 cups crushed meringue (homemade or storebought)
- 2 (1 pint) heavy whipping Cream
- 2-3 Tablespoons Confectionary or Icing Sugar
- Whip the cream and icing sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in the broken meringues and strawberries leaving a few pieces for garnish. Serve immediately. Easy-peasy deliciousness!!
Yield: Serves 8
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes