EASY CHEESY CORNBREAD CASSEROLE – Super easy and truly tasty side dish for Thanksgiving, any holiday, or simply when you fancy a good cornbread casserole in a flash! Sure to please everyone’s tastebuds!
I have just made this Easy Cheesy Cornbread Casserole tonight with some chili. And, what a yummy dinner we had! Glad that fall is already in the air and it’s starting to be a little bit chilly now which means I can turn on the oven without fear and begin making tasty baked dishes. Yay for fall!
For making this yummy side dish, I actually use a gluten-free cornbread muffin mix from Trader Joe’s because hubby is on a gluten-free diet and I am so glad that it worked pretty well with it. It also tasted so yummy!
I have also tried this with the regular Trader Joe’s cornbread muffin mix and it worked equally well. The addition of sour cream made this casserole so moist, tender, and tasty.
I am so glad that I tried this recipe which I found in a church pot luck cookbook.
I believe the original recipe makes use of the jiffy corn muffin mix and you can certainly use that if you prefer.
I just use TJ’s mix because that has worked so well for us and we often make this gluten-free. Certainly, we love this with chili but it is such a versatile dish you can pair this with many other meaty dishes, too (roast chicken or turkey comes to mind).
But as far as my family is concerned, we love it even on its own and just eat it like a sweet dessert! It’s that good. Enjoy!
Easy Cheesy Cornbread Casserole
- 2 eggs
- 1 8.5 oz or (15 oz) package corn muffin mix
- 1 8.5 oz can cream-style corn
- 1 8.5 oz or (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1-2 cups cheese, Cheddar or Swiss
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In a big bowl, combine all the ingredients except the cheese. Spread in a 9 x13 baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes (or 40 minutes if doing double the corn muffin mix and corn). Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for another 5 minutes or just until the cheese is melted. Cool completely or serve warm-ish, if preferred.
Last updated on September 12th, 2022 at 08:06 pm