For a festive, pretty and scrumptious no-bake sweet treat for the holidays, these white chocolate covered oreos with peppermint sprinkles can’t be beat! So easy and fun to make, the whole family will enjoy making these yummy cookies!
First of all, can we agree that practically everyone on planet earth loves oreos and chocolate! Well, at least for me, I don’t know anyone personally who dislikes either oreos or white chocolate. Everyone I know loves them both!
Well, if you are one of those people who dig oreos and white chocolate, then you’re in for a treat!
These white chocolate covered oreos with peppermint sprinkles are not only so scrumptious they’re so easy and fun to make. The whole family will enjoy making these yummy cookies!
Use the holiday-themed oreo cookies for that perfect festive look! Don’t they look pretty?
Most of all, you only need 3 basic ingredients to make these easy and yummy treats!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED to make White Chocolate Covered Oreos with Peppermint Sprinkles
- White Chocolate – Wilton white chocolate candy melts are great for this as they are easier to handle and already has the right amount of thickness and consistency once melted. You can for sure use and melt regular (I call it “eating”) white chocolate but you may need to add a little coconut oil 1-2 tablespoons depending on the amount of chocolate you’re using so it’s not too thick.
- Oreo Cookies – regular oreos are fine but I prefer the holiday oreos (tastes exactly like the original) because they are more vibrant looking with a bright red cream filling.
- Candy Canes or peppermint candies – just crush a few pieces and sprinkle them on top of the cookies while the chocolate is still wet.
Then after dipping the oreos in melted white chocolate and sprinkling it with crushed candy canes, it’s simply a matter of waiting for a few minutes more until the chocolate hardens and dries up! Easy, peasy deliciousness with each bite!
So before Christmas sneak up on us, make sure to make these yummy White Chocolate Covered Oreos with Peppermint Sprinkles! Everyone will love these!
White Chocolate Covered Oreos with Peppermint Sprinkles
For a festive, pretty and scrumptious no bake sweet treat for the holidays, these white chocolate covered oreos with peppermint sprinkles can't be beat! So easy and fun to make, the whole family will enjoy making these yummy cookies!
- 1 package Wilton White Chocolate Candy Melts or 24 ounce Almond Bark
- 1 package Oreos, regular or holiday-themed
- 1 package Candy Canes or peppermint candies, crushed
Melt the white chocolate candy melts in the microwave (30-second increments until melted) or on the stovetop according to package directions. Once the chocolate has melted, remove from heat.
Using a fork, dip Oreos in melted chocolate until fully covered. Tap gently to remove any excess chocolate. Place in parchment or wax paper. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle on top with the crushed candy canes or peppermint candies.
Chill in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to completely dry and harden. Enjoy.
If you're able get the holiday oreo cookies with red cream filling, as they look so pretty. Don't worry it tastes exactly like original oreos with just the added red color.
You may also use regular white chocolate but add about 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil to the melted chocolate (adjust the measurement depending on the amount of chocolate used and to achieve the consistency similar to that of the candy melts). The addition of a little oil will make it easier to handle the melted white chocolate because it helps thin out the chocolate and makes dipping the oreos so much easier and the cookies won't crumble or break.