These No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls are quick and easy to throw together and so deliciously good. Perfect snack without the guilt that keeps you energized, too. Best of all, it’s completely gluten-free!
I have attempted to make some snacks for hubby and myself that are healthier and do not contain all the bad stuff that comes from processed food.
After some trial and error, I was finally able to make these coconut chocolate almond balls that were really delicious and great for nibbling when your stomach is grumbling.
When hubby saw what these little chocolate balls looked like (chocolate brown in color), he said it reminded him of the famous natural wonder in the Philippines called Chocolate Hills in Bohol.
Check out below the photo of what the Chocolate Hills look like. From a distance, these tiny cone-shaped hills look like chocolate-covered mountains especially during the dry season when the grass has thinned out.
Perhaps I need to work more on shaping these little mounds into cone-like structures so they look quite similar to the Chocolate Hills. In the meantime, I thought this should do. What do you think? 🙂
These little nibbles are a great snack as they are not overly sweet (you can adjust the sweetness to your taste) and has a great contrast of sweet and salty flavors.
Since I only used natural sugar such as honey or maple syrup as a sweetener, it’s actually good for you.
Also, these are completely gluten-free, raw, vegan, and absolutely delicious! Enjoy each yummy bite!
FOR FULL RECIPE & INSTRUCTIONS and to PRINT, SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW.
What are the INGREDIENTS for No Bake Chocolate and Coconut Energy Balls?
- Coconut – dried and shredded or dessicated.
- Almond Flour
- Dark Chocolate – we like the 70-80 % dark cocoa but feel free to use a lower percentage chocolate bar or substitute with raw Cacao Nibs
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt – or use your favorite natural salt (not the bleached variety)
- Coconut Oil
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
NOTE: As Cacao Nibs are unsweetened (not sweet and slightly bitter), you may have to increase the amount of honey or maple syrup by an additional 1-2 Tablespoons or adjust to your taste.
How do you make No Bake Chocolate and Coconut Energy Balls?
Mix all the ingredients and pulse in a food processor until well-blended. Continue to process until it has a paste-like consistency (a little sticky). Shape into balls by using your hands or use a rounded tablespoon to shape them into hills. Or, if you’re not bothered about shaping it just eat with a tablespoon!
Enjoy these yummy snacks!
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
No Bake Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls
- 1¼ cups coconut, dried and shredded or dessicated
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 oz dark chocolate bar, about 60-80% or replace with ⅓ cup raw Cacao Nibs (see notes)
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt, adjust to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, adjust sweetness to taste
- 1 tbsp honey adjust sweetness to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, adjust amount to taste
- Mix all the ingredients and pulse in a food processor until well-blended. Continue to process until it has a paste-like consistency (a little sticky).
- Shape into balls by using your hands or use a rounded tablespoon to shape them into hills. Or, if you’re not bothered about shaping it just eat with a tablespoon!
Last updated on October 26th, 2022 at 04:39 pm