So deliciously tasty and moist, these Raisin Corn Muffins are great for breakfast or snack!
We’re back in Michigan this weekend. A friend of ours got married this Saturday and we came to attend their wedding. As you can imagine, we had such a lovely time. It was great not only to be able to join our friends in their momentous occasion but it was also such a joy to see many familiar faces and hear familiar voices. I won’t forget what my 9-year-old boy said when the plane touched down in Grand Rapids, “It’s great to be back in the place I was born.” Sounds strange and funny when it comes from a little boy but the sentiment is not just true to him but certainly for all of us. Because both our kids were born here, it will certainly be our home to come to wherever we may end up in the future.
Talking about home and something that makes you feel comfortably cozy, in terms of food this Raisin Corn Muffins embody that sentiment. Corn muffins are the kind of treats that my kids expect to find waiting for them in the dining table after they return home from school. They are moist and tasty and the addition of raisins certainly adds sweetness and fruity deliciousness to these muffins. Make a batch for your family this weekend or anytime!
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
Click the above icon to print. To remove images for easy printing, simply click on each photo.
Raisin Corn Muffins
By: Manila Spoon
March 21, 2015
Crunchy on the outside and moist and flavorful on the inside these Raisin Corn Muffins are delicious. Sweet raisins add extra yum to each bite.
- 1 cup fine-ground yellow Cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2-3/4 cup Raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, stir until blended the milk, melted butter, honey and eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture. Mix gently just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the raisins. Divide the batter evenly among a 12 cup muffin tin/pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-18 minutes or until it’s firm to the touch when pressed or a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature and spread a little butter if desired. Enjoy!
Yield: 12 Muffins
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
We would love to hear from you. Do share your comment or feedback on any of our recipes.
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook or follow us on Pinterest where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!