Pasta with chicken and mushrooms in a creamy and delicious blue cheese sauce that will make your taste buds sing.
When it comes to comfort food a pasta dish would have to be one of the top favorites. Eating pasta especially with a delicious creamy sauce not only satisfies the taste buds but makes one feels so good inside. Good food can make one smile and instantly make anyone feel better. Well, at least that’s how I feel when I eat a delicious pasta dish.
That’s what I get when I make this dish which was inspired by an Italian restaurant we used to go to in Michigan. It’s a restaurant chain and sadly I cannot find one near us here in New Haven. That means I finally need to make my own version. I also wanted to do something quick as the kids were already waiting for their food since it was lunch time already. Thankfully, this dish cooked pretty fast and got done in the time the pasta has cooked.
It’s always a good day when the kids finish their food and actually like what I made though I admit I allowed them to remove the mushrooms as it’s something they have never really fancied. I choose my battles and forcing them to eat mushrooms is not one of those that I want to waste my energy on. Besides, that means more mushrooms for me and hubby! Enjoy!
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
Click the above icon to print. To remove images for easy printing, simply click on each photo.
Creamy Pasta with Chicken and Mushrooms in Blue Cheese Sauce
By: Manila Spoon
April 15, 2015
Pasta with chicken and mushrooms in a creamy and delicious blue cheese sauce will make your taste buds sing.
- 12 oz Penne Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil plus extra if needed
- 2 Chicken breasts, diced
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 (8 oz) pack baby Portabella Mushrooms, washed and sliced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Half and half or whole Milk
- 1/2 up to 3/4 cup crumbled Blue Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan Cheese plus extra for serving
- 2 teaspoons dried Parsley or 2 Tablespoons fresh, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions or until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet or saute pan. Saute the chicken pieces until cooked about 3-4 minutes. Season with a little salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add a little more oil into the pan. Saute the vegetables until tender and the mushrooms have released their juices. Transfer the cooked chicken to the pan. Stir everything.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook in low heat until the cheeses are fully melted and the sauce is quite creamy. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Gently mix the cooked pasta into the sauce. Serve immediately. Serve with more parmesan cheese, if desired.
Yield: Serves 6
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook or follow us on Pinterest where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!