Hello Spring! You know Springtime has arrived when strawberries are already on sale at the grocery. Over a week ago, we bought about 6 pints worth of strawberries because my kids love strawberries and I usually give them fruits for snack in their school. However, we never got the chance to eat all of them because we were away for a few days. This was the time I met my sister who pleasantly surprised me with her presence on my birthday celebration all the way from the Philippines.
When we returned from our trip to New York a few days ago, hubby checked out the fridge to see what food we still had (or perhaps he was just hungry and was looking for something to eat!). He then informed me that we still had a lot of strawberries that we should eat soon. I thought they’d be totally off already after a few days. Thankfully, most were still in pretty good shape and certainly eatable.
I originally planned to make a strawberry cake to use the remaining berries but everything just got busy and there was no time left for baking. Thankfully, there’s a wonderfully tasty recipe for strawberries that required no baking, was quick and easy to make and, wonderfully, I had all the ingredients to make it – Balsamic Strawberries with Mascarpone! Glad the strawberries didn’t go to waste and we were left with a delicious and fuss-free dessert. I actually ended up snacking on these balsamic-flavored berries and couldn’t wait until dinner was over. So, whether for dessert or snacking these flavored berries are truly delightful! 🙂
Balsamic Strawberries with Mascarpone
By: Manila Spoon
March 26, 2016
In 10 minutes or less, you have a delicious, fuss-free, spring-perfect dessert that will delight everyone!
- 2 cups Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice (fresh or concentrate, if frozen thaw first)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup Mascarpone Cheese, whipped with a little sugar and cream to taste
- In a glass or nonreactive bowl, place all the strawberries. Mix the remaining ingredients except the Mascarpone mixture. Drizzle the the strawberries with the balsamic sauce and stir everything gently. Divide into 3 bowls and top with the Mascarpone mixture. Serve immediately.
Yield: 3 Servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 0 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes