Bursting with juicy blueberries and drizzled with lemon glaze, this moist and delicious Blueberry Ricotta Pound Cake is summer’s perfect cake!
I love the summer season and because I was born in South East Asia where it’s pretty much summer the whole year through, that is perfectly understandable.
What makes summer special for me and my family is the abundance of delicious fruits that can be enjoyed in their freshest state. Certainly, one of our favorite summer fruits is blueberry.
I resolve to myself that I will try at least one blueberry recipe once a year and enjoy these fruits while at their peak.
For this season, I made some blueberry pound cake enhanced with flavors of ricotta cheese and tangy lemons. The result is indeed delicious and my kids and their friends truly loved it!
The cake is flavorful and moist and even when refrigerated doesn’t dry up so it’s a great cake to serve along with coffee or your favorite tea.
The dots of blue from the blueberries make it look so pretty, too. It would be hard to consume just one slice!
I used a loaf pan to make the cake but you can also use a bundt pan if you prefer.
You can glaze or ice it, if desired, but even without it the cake is pretty good. The juicy berries truly add a lot of freshness to the cake!
Feel free to glaze it fully or just simply play around with it as I did. Either way, it is delicious!
What are you waiting for? Dig in! 🙂
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
Click the above icon to print. To remove images for easy printing, simply click on each photo.
Blueberry Ricotta Pound Cake
By: Manila Spoon
Bursting with juicy blueberries, this moist and delicious Blueberry Ricotta Pound Cake is summer’s perfect cake!
- 2 cups all-purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Lemon extract (or Vanilla Extract)
- Freshly grated zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen Blueberries tossed with 1 tablespoon flour
For the Lemon Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups Confectioner’s (Icing) Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Lemon juice or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Generously butter a 9 x 13 loaf pan or bundt pan. Set aside. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt to combine.
- Using either an electric hand-held or stand mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugar on medium until smooth and creamy for roughly 3-4 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
- In another bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, milk, lemon or vanilla extract, and the lemon zest. With the mixer on low, alternately add the flour mixture and the ricotta mixture beginning and ending with the flour. Do so slowly and do not over mix. Stop once or twice to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Stop the mixer and then fold in the blueberries. The batter would be thick.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 60-70 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool in the pan for about 10-15 minutes then transfer to a serving plate to cool completely before glazing.
- For the lemon glaze, whisk the confectioner’s sugar and lemon juice until smooth and of pourable consistency. Drizzle all over the cooled cake. Enjoy with a cup of tea!
Yield: 10-12 Slices
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 01 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 15 mins.
Tags: Cake, Sweet, Desserts, American, Blueberry, Berries, Cheese, Ricotta