Just 10 MINUTES to make this quick, easy, and delicious Kielbasa Stir-Fry Recipe! Sweet chili sauce adds so much flavor and the multi-colored bell peppers liven up the dish!
Did that photo make you hungry yet? It sure made me crave it and it’s only breakfast!!!
Hurrah! It’s bell pepper season! This yummy Easy Kielbasa Stir-Fry Recipe particularly reminded me of all the lovely multi-colored peppers I used to buy in that lovely farmer’s market in Holland, MI back when we still lived in Michigan.
I do miss going there every summer because the farmer’s market that we have locally here in CT is quite small and there’s not much to buy either. Plus, I love MI blueberries and that’s what I always look forward to buying in the farmer’s market.
Anyway, I will stop reminiscing and get back to business and talk about our yummy dish – kielbasa stir-fry.
I often buy kielbasa and keep it in stock in the fridge for those nights when I’m too busy to make anything elaborate and use it for making this tasty and easy soup Cheese Tortellini Soup with White Beans and Kielbasa.
But when I saw the lovely multi-colored peppers on the grocery, I knew instantly what I would make for dinner. It’s Wednesday night which means we have to be out of the house by 6:30 pm for our prayer meeting and that also entails an early dinner.
Being pressed for time, that means it has to be an easy and quick dish. So a quick stir-fry is the answer and my kielbasa and bell peppers would have to be included!
Since I am Asian and love anything sweet and spicy, I often use a mainstay in our pantry – Thai sweet and chili sauce. It’s so great to add this store-bought sauce to any stir-fry dish – with whatever vegetable you have and whatever meat you have. I’ve tried using it with seafood, chicken, and even left-over hotdogs and that sweet-spicy kick truly livened up the dish. All plates were mopped up!
Let’s go back to our dish start talking about how to make it!
WHAT INGREDIENTS TO USE?
- Cooking oil, of choice – I personally use avocado oil as it’s healthier and is neutrally flavored so it doesn’t impart any weird taste but use what you’re comfortable with.
- Garlic cloves – simply peel then mince. Everything is better with garlic, right?
- Onions, medium-size, chopped – I often use yellow onions as they’re sweeter and works well for this.
- Bell Peppers (red, yellow or a combo) – more colors for a pretty presentation
- 14 oz lb Kielbasa – it’s a Polish smoked long sausage usually packed shaped like the letter U. It is quite chunky so needs to be sliced before using for this dish.
- Sweet Chili Sauce – this can be found in the Asian section of your grocery store. Use your favorite brand. If you can’t find it a good substitute would be either sweet-sour sauce or your favorite stir-fry sauce. Adjust the heat or spice level by diluting it with a little water.
- Salt and pepper – totally optional and only if you feel like it needs it. With the sausage and sweet chili sauce imparting their flavors to the dish, this is often unnecessary.
HOW TO MAKE IT?
This Kielbasa Stir-Fry Recipe is not at all hard to do. But, it is a stir-fry which means the dish finishes quickly. That means before you begin cooking you need to prep everything beforehand. You won’t have time to cut up as you cook. Once everything is in its place, all you need is dump the ingredients in the wok or frying pan as instructed.
Make sure the oil is heated up before you add the vegetables so the aromatics get cooked right away. Cook onions until they have softened and become translucent.
Add the sliced kielbasa and cook until fully-heated through and tender to your liking. I like it showing some browning so simply eyeball this.
Add the peppers and cook just until tender but not mushy (tender-crisp) – still holding their shape. Season with a little salt and ground pepper, to taste, if needed. I sometimes don’t add any salt and pepper at all.
SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR FULL INGREDIENTS/INSTRUCTIONS!
Here are other stir-fry recipes you may enjoy!
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
Easy Kielbasa Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 tbsp Oil of choice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2-3 bell peppers, multi-colored
- 14 oz kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 5-6 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce, diluted with 2-3 tablespoons water or adjust to your preferred heat level
- salt and pepper, to taste (if needed)
- Heat up a wok or a large frying pan to medium (up to medium high) heat. Swirl in the vegetable oil. Add the garlic and onions and saute for 4-5 minutes or until the onions have softened and become translucent.
- Add the sliced kielbasa and continue to cook until fully-heated through, stirring occasionally. Add the peppers and cook just until tender but not mushy – peppers stil hold their shape.
- Season with a little salt and ground pepper, to taste, if needed. I sometimes don’t add any salt and pepper at all as it's not necessary but it's up to you.
- Quickly, stir in the sweet chili sauce to coat the sausages and veggies. Cook just until the sauce is heated through. Serve immediately with some freshly cooked rice. Enjoy!
Last updated on December 1st, 2023 at 05:19 pm