This chicken salad comes together so quickly. Seasoned with curry powder and chutney and mixed in with fruits and nuts, too it is so deliciously good! Perfect snack or party appetizer for Game Day and other gatherings.
William and Sophie love sandwiches for lunch. In a way, that’s great for me and my hubby because either of us can make their lunches quite easily.
However, it can still be tricky as I cannot serve them the same old filling or spread every single day. Naturally, I have to be creative and make a rotation of their favorite food.
Thankfully, I can add another delicious sandwich filling to my list and it is this truly tasty curried chicken salad!
I thought at first that my kids wouldn’t eat this as it has a more adult complex flavor because of the curry and chutney flavoring. But when they came home, the lunch box was all empty and the sandwiches gone. They actually enjoyed it!
The only complaint I receive is from my little girl who said, “Mom, you added ground peppers.” Yup, of all the flavors in this salad, she could detect a few sprinkling of ground pepper!
She is not a fan of freshly ground pepper and never really likes it on anything. But apart from that, they loved this chicken salad.
You can serve this on its own, perhaps on a bed of lettuce, and certainly as filling for a sandwich or wrap.
Hubby and I enjoyed this for lunch wrapped and rolled. It was so good so hubby requested that I should make it again.
I certainly will. Hope you enjoy this as much as we do. This is perfect for potlucks, snacks, and picnics, especially this summer!
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
Curried Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh or dried fruit, like grapes, apples or dried berries
- 1/3 cup almonds or pecans
- 3 tablespoons sweet chutney, like mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red curry powder, adjust amount to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, adjust amount to taste
- salt and pepper, adjust amount to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except for salt and pepper, in a bowl. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve on its own or as filling in sandwich or wrap.
Last updated on January 30th, 2024 at 05:34 pm