This NO BAKE refrigerator cake (Chocolate Tiffin) which uses your favorite easter chocolates and treats is super easy to make and such a delicious treat for the entire family! The perfect treat for Easter indeed!
Happy Easter Weekend everyone! We’ve been so busy this week. I can’t even believe it’s already April. So many things has happened last month that everything seems to be a blur to me.
For one, we didn’t expect to be in England at this time. We planned to come during summer but the Lord had other plans. It brings to mind this bible verse: “Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand.” – Psalm 19:21.
The Lord may have given us a sad providence with the passing of my mother-in-law (for which we had to travel back to England), but I can still rejoice knowing that the Lord is in full control of everything. That is how it’s always been and that is what I believe is always the best.
Easter is actually a good reminder that the Lord is in control! It’s good to be reminded that the Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead. He is risen; He is risen indeed. Even death couldn’t stop Him! With His resurrection, we are assured that our faith is not in vain, and because of this I know I can fully trust Him. We can continue to rejoice despite the grief that we have right now.
So while we were in quarantine, Sophie and I busied ourselves with making some yummy Easter treats! Sophie already made a yummy Easter chocolate cake but I thought for, good measure, I’ll make another one. You can never have too many chocolate treats, right?
So let’s get onto business and make some yummy easter chocolate tiffin! Chocolate Tiffin is essentially a NO BAKE refrigerator cake that has chocolate, fruits, and nuts in it mixed together with melted chocolate and then chilled until firm.
Since it’s easter, we didn’t make a traditional tiffin but one with a twist. Here we used our favorite easter chocolate treats for a more festive feel.
The photo below shows the INGREDIENTS TO USE TO MAKE EASTER CHOCOLATE TIFFIN.
- Biscuits (Digestives or Graham Crackers)
- Sugar Syrup
- Easter chocolate treats
HOW TO MAKE EASTER CHOCOLATE TIFFIN
Melt the chocolate with sugar, golden syrup and butter. Mix together the chopped biscuits, marshmallows and the easter chocolate treats (eggs and bunnies).
Pour the melted chocolate over the biscuit mixture. Gently mix until everything is coated with chocolate.
Spread and press in a baking pan. Chill until firm. That’s it!
So easy, right? But not only that it’s super yummy, too!!! Make it for your family and friend this easter.
Easter Chocolate Tiffin
- Digital Weighing Scale
- 7 oz salted butter
- 1/4 cup caster or super-fine sugar
- 1/4 cup golden syrup (or simple sugar syrup), may be replaced with corn or maple syrup, agave or honey
- 10 oz biscuits (or digestives), about 18 pieces coarsely chopped
- 10 oz dark chocolate
- 1 cup multi-colored mini- marshmallows
- 8 oz selection of mixed chocolate easter treats (eggs, bunnies, etc)
- 1 oz extra chocolate for drizzling, melted
- Line a 9-inch round or square pan/tin with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, sugar, golden syrup and chocolate until combined. Stir occasionally until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix the chopped biscuits, mini-marshmallows and easter chocolate treats in a large bowl. Leave a few pieces for decoration.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture to the dry ingredients and gently mix until everything is coated with chocolate. Some of the marshmallows may melt in the process but that's fine.
- Gently press and spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle all over with the remaining easter treats. Melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle it all over. Chill for 2-3 hours until firm.
- Slice and serve. For easier slicing, use a warmed up sharp knife. Enjoy this easter!