Bursting with cranberry and orange flavors and studded with pecans, this Cranberry Orange Bread with Lemon Glaze is not only pretty it is totally scrumptious! Quick and easy to make and freezable, too. Perfect as a Christmas or holiday gift.
Cranberry season has finally arrived!
Now I am getting a bit excited because I know that the Christmas holidays are just around the corner. I can even tune in to one radio station where we live and there I can hear Christmas songs already as they have started playing Christmas carols since November 1.
Yes, you read it right. I know you may think it’s a little early to play Christmas carols in November – after all, there’s still Thanksgiving to celebrate before the Christmas season, but for me, it’s no problem at all.
In fact by Filipino standard, this is quite late. In the Philippines, once the months ending in BER begin – that’s a clear signal – the holiday season has began which means – radio stations and malls begin to play Christmas carols already.
Slowly but surely you will hear the airwaves being saturated by anything that has a Christmas theme. As early as the beginning of November some may even start decorating their houses with Christmas lights and other holiday trinkets and stuff.
Well, we don’t do that in our house here in MI though if I were in the Philippines, I’d probably join in the early preparations and celebrations. Why not?
Anyway, we digress. Every year I make some Cranberry Bread as it such a lovely looking Christmas bread. This year is no different.
Once I saw those fresh cranberries on the grocery, my first project was this and yes, I have made three loaves already. That’s how much we love it!
You can make this loaf without the glaze as it is already delicious on its own but hubby and I agree that the sweet-tangy taste from the Lemon glaze sure adds extra flavor that makes it even better! Please enjoy!
For printing, see the recipe card below (near end of the post).
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAD
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- fresh or frozen Cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Pecans or Walnuts (optional, if you don’t like nuts or allergic to it)
- Oranges (use both zest and juice)
- Vanilla Extract
For the Lemon-Glaze
- confectioner’s Sugar or powdered sugar
- Lemon juice
Pretty easy to find ingredients, right? Make it for fall for a delicious breakfast bread or pair it with coffee or tea as a yummy snack option! I love spreading cream cheese on it – so good!
So the bread does not dry out, make sure that you store it in an airtight container after it’s cooled down.
Check out these other delicious recipes that make use of fresh or frozen cranberries!
CRANBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
Cranberry Orange Bread with Lemon Glaze
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup Pecans or Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 Oranges, 2 zested and all juiced to yield 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 tbsp melted unsalted Butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
For the Lemon-Glaze
- 1 cup confectioner’s Sugar (powdered sugar)
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice, or to taste (adjust depending on the tartness and thickness of the glaze that you prefer)
- 1 tbsp Milk or Half and Half
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter a 9×5 loaf pan and line it with parchment paper. Set aside. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Whisk until thoroughly mixed. Take out about 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture and mix with the chopped cranberries.
- Stir together the sugar, orange juice, orange zest, and melted butter. Pour into the flour mixture. Add the beaten eggs and vanilla extract and mix everything just until moistened. Fold in the chopped cranberries and nuts.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 60-65 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Leave to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before adding the glaze.
For the Lemon-Glaze
- Place the powdered sugar, lemon juice and milk (or half and half) in a mixing bowl. Mix until it reaches a smooth and pourable consistency. Drizzle on top of the loaf.
Last updated on December 9th, 2020 at 11:04 am