Loaded with apples and a buttery, crunchy praline topping this overnight baked apple oatmeal is a delicious winter breakfast or brunch dish!
We are back this month with another 30 Day Recipe Challenge for the fall season and our main ingredient for September is the yummy, juicy Apple!
For those of you who are new to our blog, in the 30 Day Recipe Challenge, I join with some amazing food bloggers and we create delicious recipes using a chosen main ingredient.
We have a month to come up with the most mouth-watering and tasty recipe that would highlight said main ingredient.
Naturally, I was very happy when my favorite fruit – Apple, was chosen!
Not only because it was appropriate for the season but because I have been wanting to share this recipe for Baked Oatmeal and Apples since summer!
I made this for my Aunt from Australia who visited us last month. I was about to post it then though I had second thoughts because it was the middle of summer and certainly not Apple season.
I am glad I waited a bit for the appropriate time and now it’s perfect to share and make this yummy breakfast dish!
Hope you try and enjoy this and please make sure to check out the other recipes from our other blogger friends. You’ll be all set for the entire fall season with these delicious Apple recipes!
Recipe inspired by – Overnight Crunchy Top Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
Click the above PRINTER ICON to print. To remove images for easy printing, simply click on each photo.
Overnight Apple Oatmeal with Praline Topping
By: Manila Spoon
Cinnamon flavored oatmeal with apples and a buttery, crunchy praline topping is a delicious fall or winter breakfast or brunch dish!
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Honey, Agave or Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted Butter or Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Applesauce
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 cups old-fashioned Oats
- 1-2 Apples, peeled and sliced thinly
For the Praline Topping
- 1/2 cup unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans
- Butter or grease an extra deep (10-inch) pie dish. Set aside. Gently beat the eggs with a whisk in a large bowl. Add the spices, vanilla extract, sweetener of choice, melted butter or oil, applesauce and milk and blend with the whisk. Stir in the oatmeal and mix everything well.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, take the dish out and allow to come to room temperature while the oven preheats to 375 F. In the meantime, prepare the praline topping and slice the apples.
- To make the praline topping, melt the butter and brown sugar in low heat in a small saucepan. Mix in the chopped nuts. Evenly sprinkle the praline topping all over the oatmeal mixture. Place the sliced apples on top in a circular arrangement or however, you like it.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the middle is firm and cooked through. Serve warm with extra milk on the side. Enjoy!
Yield: 8 Servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Total time: 60 mins. plus chilling time
Tags: Baked Oatmeal, Breakfast, Brunch, Fall Recipes, Winter Recipes, Nuts, Pecan, Apples
Check out all the other delicious APPLE recipes below from bloggers who took part in our 30 Day Apple Challenge.
- Easy Apple and Cranberry Roll Ups by Lovefoodies
- Old-Fashioned Apple Cake by The Kitchen is My Playground
- Overnight Apple Oatmeal with Praline Topping by Manila Spoon
- Apple Pie Cupcakes by Num’s the Word
- Apple Pecan Dump Cake by Blessed Beyond Crazy
- Homemade chocolate apples by Culinary Ginger
- Overnight Streusel Apple Cinnamon French Toast by Noshing With The Nolands
- Apple Crumb Cake by Life Currents
- Apple Fritter Cake by Who Needs A Cape?
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Sausage, Apples and Onions by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Caramel Apple Cobbler by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Last updated on November 6th, 2021 at 10:09 am