Super yummy summer pie! The fruity spiced pear topping sits on top of a yummy and creamy cheesecake and features a perfect contrast of tastes and textures. The best pear cheesecake pie!
I am not much of a pie person I must confess. Not because I don’t like it because I certainly do – it’s one of my favorite desserts! I especially love it served a la mode – anything with ice cream is always better, isn’t it?
The truth is I don’t make a lot of pies because I get scared I’ll mess it up. It’s just one of those desserts that I truly feel intimidated, I don’t know why. That fear factor has certainly prevented me from trying to make pies.
However, recently I realized that it’s totally silly to not make a yummy pie just because I find it daunting. After all I surely am missing a lot if I continue to not even try!
When I learned I can make a cream cheese-based pie, then I decided to make this yummy pie dessert. If I can make cheesecake then perhaps I can make a cream cheese pie and yes, I did it with success!
I was totally elated when I made this very pretty pie and it turned out so good as well. I didn’t have a problem letting it set as cream cheese sets perfectly every time.
Ok, so my crust is not from scratch but that’s my next challenge! In the meantime for those of you who are scared to make pies – try this super-easy recipe – you’ll feel almost like a pro afterward and trust me everyone will love this!!!
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe through email, get our feed or join our site. Feel free to like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest and Instagram too where you can get more recipes. Thanks and happy browsing!
FOR FULL RECIPE & INSTRUCTIONS and to PRINT, SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW.
HOW TO MAKE THIS YUMMY PIE!
It’s easy as pie as the cliche goes! Seriously, it doesn’t take much effort to make this!
What are the ingredients?
- Homemade or store-bought Pie crust (for a 9″ pie tin) – you don’t even need to make this unless you want to.
For the Filling
- Cream Cheese, softened
- a little Sugar (not much at all!)
- an Egg
- Sour Cream
- Vanilla Extract
For the Topping
- some Pears (about 3-4), peeled and sliced
- a little Lemon Juice (always good to have!)
- Brown Sugar (just a little to add some sweetness!)
- ground Cinnamon (for that yummy warm spice goodness!)
- Apricot Preserve (or Jam) – to up the fruity deliciousness
Simply mix all the pie filling and spoon on the prepared crust!
Add some flavoring to the pears (this is where the lemon juice, sugar, and cinnamon come handy!)
Add on top of the pie filling and glaze, glaze, glaze with the jam!
Then bake! Great warm, room temp or cold – this is how delicious this pie is!
Take advantage of the spring and summer pears that we have right now and make this amazing pie!
With a delicious cream cheese base and a fruity cinnamon-spiced topping this summer-perfect easy, creamy, cheesy Pear Pie is sure to become a household favorite.
Yummy Pear Cheesecake Pie
- 1 Homemade or store-bought Pie crust (for a 9″ pie tin)
For the Filling
- 1 (8) oz block/package cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping
- 2 cups pears (about 3-4), peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup apricot preserve or jam
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Bake the prepared or storebought pie dough for 10 minutes. Set aside. Leave the oven on.
- While the pie dough is baking make the filling. In a bowl of a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth and free of any lumps. Slowly add in the sugar and beat until smooth. Add the egg and beat again until fully incorporated. Lastly, beat in the sour cream and Vanilla extract until well-blended. Spoon the mixture into the partially baked pie crust.
- Gently, toss the sliced pears with the lemon juice, sugar, and cinnamon. Arranged nicely on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Gently heat the apricot preserve or jam until warm. Spread evenly over the pear slices.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Can be served warm, room temp or cold. This is super-delish!
Last updated on September 12th, 2021 at 02:52 pm