No need for an ice cream maker to make this summer-perfect and truly scrumptious homemade Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream! Super yummy!
I never thought the day would ever come that I will be able to make my own ice cream. Granting that the concept of a Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream is not original (I can imagine so many variations on the internet!).
The fact is, I made this version on my own, by hand…well, aided by the ice cream maker for churning (though I did make some of it without the ice cream maker just to see if it was possible at all to make ice cream without one).
I am quite proud that I did it. I am sure my parents would be so proud, too! 🙂 I can now check-off the ice cream on my must-try list and can begin experimenting on many other delicious possibilities!!!
Anyway, this is truly delicious ice cream and quite versatile too ’cause you can use your favorite kind of cherries and adjust the amount of cheesecake according to your preference.
The first time I made it, I only used half a block of an 8 oz package of cream cheese, which is already fine.
However, since I love to have a stronger taste of the cream cheese to shine through to provide a flavor contrast with the cherries and the sweetened milk, I will surely add more (perhaps even the whole block – ha!) for next time.
So I encourage you to overcome your fear of making ice cream and don’t fret if you don’t have an ice cream maker either.
Below you will find instructions on how to make smooth and delicious ice cream without one. Of course, it will require more attention than usual but it’s no big effort really, just a quick stir of the ice cream mixture every half an hour or so for about 3-4 hours and then you’re all set.
So patience is the main key to making delightful homemade ice cream without the ice cream maker and let me tell you, it’s all worth the wait!
Do you know another reason why this is such an easy and fabulous recipe too?
It’s totally egg-free.
No need to fuss about making a perfect custard first to make delicious ice cream! You don’t need any eggs to make this creamy and totally scrumptious ice cream.
The combination of three types of milk makes this absolutely delicious! Oh, what a heavenly summer dessert for sure!
Look at your reward! Delicious Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream!!! Enjoy!
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates we’d love you to subscribe to our posts and join our site. Also do like us in Facebook and join us on Pinterest so you can get the latest updates and so much more. Thanks for visiting and happy browsing!
Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 4 oz package of cream cheese softened (see note)
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy or double cream Double Cream
- 1 1/2 cups half and half Light Cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 10 oz jar maraschino cherries, well-drained and chopped (see note)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pure almond extract
- Beat the cream cheese using an electric mixer until fluffy and smooth. Gradually, pour in the sweetened condensed milk and continue to beat until well-blended.
- Add the heavy cream, half and half, whole milk, marachino cherries and vanilla and almond extracts. Mix well.
If using an Ice Cream Maker
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker then process and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instruction.
If not using an Ice Cream Maker
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe bowl and cover. I use a metallic mixing bowl and cover it with foil. Place in the freezer.
- Take the bowl out every 30 minutes thereafter (for about 3 hours) and stir the ice cream using either a whisk or a handheld blender or beater. It is necessary to do this to prevent ice crystals from forming. Freeze the ice cream overnight or until hard.
Last updated on May 15th, 2021 at 02:15 pm