These chicken and prawn wontons are addictively delicious, you can’t just have one! Pretty easy to make, you’re sure to make these many time over.
Last month I went with my sister to Kuala Lumpur and got the chance to attend a cooking class that featured Malaysian food. Oh boy, it was such an amazing experience and today I still cannot forget the flavors of the food we made. Everything we prepared were mouthwateringly good! Just one look at the photos above and below should confirm that!! I will definitely go back when I get the chance as 3 short days of enjoying Malaysian dishes were definitely not enough. I need another food trip to Kuala Lumpur and I am hoping it would be sooner than later!
First, I apologize that some of measurements here are in grams! I guess it’s because the rest of the world uses metric but not so much in the USA and I haven’t had the chance to convert. Sorry. However, since I no longer want to wait to share this recipe to you all and because if I don’t post this online chances are I might lose the copy and to prevent that I must post this now, conversion ready or not. I hope you understand. Don’t worry a little google search on the equivalent of grams to cups shouldn’t be that hard. 🙂 Anyway, hope you try this and enjoy these delicious wontons!! Promise they are worth searching google for the conversion as they are absolutely, perfectly yummy!
Ok, I felt a bit guilty and did a little google search and added the equivalent in US ounces. Don’t be shocked if the meat measurement seems too small by US standards. It really wasn’t much when I made them. I felt like they weren’t much at all but remember there are other ingredients too and these amazingly makes about 12 wontons at least. Anyway, it’s pretty easy to double the recipe and adjust accordingly. Enjoy!!
Chicken and Prawn Wontons
- 30 grams Chicken (about 1.1 oz) minced
- 50 grams Prawn (about 2 oz) chopped
- 1 sprig Spring or Green Onion, sliced finely
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 Water Chestnut, chopped finely
- 3/4 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon White Ground Pepper
- 10-12 pieces Wonton Skins
- Oil Enough for deep-frying
- Water For sealing the wontons
- Mix all ingredients together except the wontons skins, oil and water. Place a small teaspoonful of the chicken and prawn mixture onto the center of the wonton skin. Dab a little water onto the corners of the skin. Fold the skin diagonally making sure that the skin stay attached. Fold the two sides toward the center and seal. Repeat until all's done.
- Heat oil to 350 F in a wok. Drop the wontons into the hot oil and fry till golden or for about 5 minutes more or less. Remove from oil, drain to remove excess oil and serve with sweet chili sauce.
Last updated on September 30th, 2019 at 03:24 pm