Every time I bring these to parties or gatherings, they’re gone so quick! With layers of buttery oreo cookie crust, creamy cheesecake dotted with more oreos then baked to perfection, these easy and yummy Oreo cheesecake bars are so scrumptious and more-ish! Tried and tested crowd-pleaser!
My family can never get enough of any kind of cheesecake. If you have been following us for quite a while, you’ll no longer be surprised at the number of cheesecake recipes we have on the blog.
In fact, I just counted and this is the 20th cheesecake recipe we have and certainly, there’ll be more to come. 20th – can you believe that?
Oh, too many cheesecake recipes to try and too little time…..but don’t worry, I promise to do my best to bring you more! 🙂
As you can see we are obsessed with cheesecake!
There is one particular cheesecake that my kids totally love! Can you guess it? Hint. Hint. Hint. Look at the photos!!!
You guessed right – Oreo cheesecake! They are such huge fans of Oreos that it was just a natural thing to totally fall in love with a cheesecake version loaded with their favorite Oreo cookies!
How can they not when these chocolaty cheesecake bars are loaded not only with cheesy goodness but all that crushed creamy Oreo deliciousness all over it!
Coarsely crushed Oreo cookies float on top and scattered all over the cheesecake bringing this over the top!
You get a burst of chocolate goodness that perfectly contrast with the savory and creamy cheesecake!
It looks quite lovely and such an appetizing dessert! No wonder, I always go home with an empty 9×13 baking dish whenever I bring these to parties and I’ve done so a few times already.
It’s perfect for the holiday season because it can feed a crowd – makes about 24 slices! Did I mention it’s super easy to make too.
Even novice bakers, like my 12 year old daughter, can make and bake this yummy Oreo cheesecake to perfection. She’s made it at least twice already and they both came out perfect each time! It is indeed a tried and tested recipe that won’t fail you!
Wait no longer and make it soon!
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
Easy and Tasty Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- 14 oz (1 package) oreo cookies, crushed
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 8 oz each (3 blocks) of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 pieces oreo cookies, coarsely chopped and divided into 2 portions
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. To make the crust combine the crushed oreo cookies and the melted butter in a bowl and mix until evenly moistened. Press the crumb mixture into a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Take out of the oven and set aside while making the filling.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese in medium speed until soft, creamy and completely smooth (no lumps). Add the sugar slowly and continue to beat until the mixture is smooth. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Pour in the vanilla extract and beat again until it’s well mixed. Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl to ensure that there are no lumps remaining on the side or at the bottom. Patience is the key here – it may take awhile to do all the above but the result would be a very silky smooth cheesecake and not a lumpy one.
- Fold in half of the remaining crushed oreos. Do this gently so the batter doesn't turn gray.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture into the prepared crust. Sprinkle the remaining crushed oreos all over. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until set. Cool completely and refrigerate. Make a day or 2 ahead. Slice into 24 bars and serve.
Last updated on February 22nd, 2022 at 05:45 pm