No baking required for these rocky road bars filled with your favorite Easter treats and loads of marshmallows, too! So easy, children will love to help make this delicious treat topped with mini eggs, bunny chocolate, and so much more.
I cannot believe it’s already the end of March and April is soon upon us! Where did the time go? So many things happened this month that, looking back, everything seems like a blur. Our experiences have both been bitter and sweet.
This month about a year ago, on March 16, my dear mother-in-law passed away. That was something we didn’t expect to happen at that time because there were no indications of any major ill health.
The date itself was significant because that’s actually my birthday. It was indeed a very sad day.
I cannot even clearly remember how we celebrated my birthday that year or if we even did. Perhaps the trauma and shock of it all overcame us. It was indeed a bitter day.
One year later, as we recall that fateful day and remember her, we are comforted by the fact that she is now with her Saviour and in a much better place.
This year as well I turned golden! I’m not sure I want to announce that I’m 50 years old!!! But, this was the sweet part and needed to be said. I am thankful and grateful for another year added to my years.
The Lord has been faithful for 50 years and I have zero reasons to complain about anything. Truly, “my cup runneth over,” and I have everything I need to live my life abundantly. Praise God for His kindness.
All that aside, we welcome the dawn of spring and the coming of Easter! We celebrate Christ’s resurrection – which is what it’s all about.
When it comes to food, chocolate Easter eggs, and chocolate bunnies are always in order!
For my kids (teenagers, now!) and for myself – the easy-peasy no bake easter rocky road bars are the way to go! So let’s go and make some yummy chocolate treats!
FOR FULL RECIPE & INSTRUCTIONS and to PRINT, SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW.
What are the INGREDIENTS for No-Bake Easter Rocky Road Bars?
The photo below shows what the ingredients are for these no-bake easter rocky road bars. We made this last year in England so we used “English” ingredients but these could easily be substituted with ingredients from your local grocery. Please refer to the ingredient notes that follow.
- Butter – use salted if you can so it provides some flavor contrast with all the other sweet ingredients.
- Biscuits – use digestives (see photo) or your favorite brand of graham crackers.
- Sugar – white or brown sugar would work.
- Chocolate – use a good quality “eating” chocolate for yummier flavor.
- Sugar Syrup – use either store-bought or make some (just water and sugar essentially).
- Mini-marshmallows – use one with variety of colors for a more festive and colorful treat.
- Easter chocolate treats – endless choice of mini eggs, creme eggs, bunny chocolates, your choice!
How do you make No-Bake Easter Rocky Road Bars?
Melt the chocolate with sugar, golden syrup (sugar syrup), and butter. Mix together the chopped biscuits, marshmallows, and easter chocolate treats (eggs and bunnies).
Pour the melted chocolate over the biscuit mixture. Gently mix until everything is coated with chocolate.
Spread and press in a baking pan. Chill until firm. That’s it!
So easy, right? But not only that it’s super yummy, too!!! Make it for your family and friend this easter.
Here are other yummy Easter treats, both savory and sweet, that you can make!
- White Chocolate and Coconut Egg Nests
- Yummy Easter Mocha Fudge Cake
- Easter Bunny Cake
- Giant Easter Egg Cookie
- Slow Cooker Gammon or Ham with Coke
- Colorful Ham Strata
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
No Bake Easter Rocky Road Bars
- 7 oz salted butter
- ¼ cup caster or super-fine sugar
- ¼ cup golden syrup or simple sugar syrup, may be replaced with corn or maple syrup, agave or honey
- 10 oz biscuits (like digestives) or graham crackers (about 18 pieces digestives), coarsely chopped
- 10 oz dark chocolate
- 1 cup multi-colored mini-marshmallows
- 8 oz selection of mixed chocolate easter treats, eggs, bunnies, etc
- 1 oz extra chocolate for drizzling, melted
Line a 9-inch round or square pan/tin with parchment paper.
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, sugar, golden syrup and chocolate until combined. Stir occasionally until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
Mix the chopped biscuits, mini-marshmallows and easter chocolate treats in a large bowl. Leave a few pieces for decoration.
Add the melted chocolate mixture to the dry ingredients and gently mix until everything is coated with chocolate. Some of the marshmallows may melt in the process but that’s fine.
Gently press and spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle all over with the remaining easter treats. Melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle it all over. Chill for 2-3 hours or until firm.
Slice and serve. For easier slicing, use a warmed up sharp knife. Enjoy this easter!
TIPS & TRICKS:
These yummy treats may be wrapped up individually and be given as gifts.