Hello summer! I love June not only because I was a June bride (we just celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary on June 19!) but because it means the beginning of berry season. From here on the freshest and juiciest strawberries begin to appear on the market to be followed by raspberries, blueberries, cherries, you name it!
Strawberry and Raspberry FoolBy: Manila Spoon
June 23, 2015
A yummy, quick and super-easy way to enjoy summer berries! Puree the berry or fruit of choice, fold into the sweetened whipped cream and voila - a fruity-licious and creamy Strawberry and Raspberry Fool that everyone will love!
- 2 cups heavy or double cream
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla or Almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups each Raspberries and Strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Honey or to taste
- Place the heavy cream, sugar and extract in a bowl of an electric mixer and beat until stiff peaks form.
- In a blender puree the berries with the yogurt and honey. Adjust the sweetness to taste. Set aside 1/3 cup of the puree.
- Fold the remaining berry mixture into the cream. Divide evenly into 6 small bowls or glasses.
- Drizzle a little of the puree on top and garnish with some more berries. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate if not using right away.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 0 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
We love to hear from you. Do share your comment or feedback on any of our recipes.
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we'd love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Pinterest where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!