Melt-in-your-mouth tender and so tasty is this Slow Cooker Korean Sesame Garlic Beef. The delicious marinade with garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil gives the beef so much flavor. Such a breeze to make in the crockpot, too. Serve with rice and drizzle the sauce all over.
Having grown up cooking and eating food with the flavors of garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil – I knew that any marinade made with this combo would be superb in flavor and would make any dish shine.
So, it was a no-brainer to make a beef dish using this mixture. In fact, I have made two quick stir-fry dishes with such flavors – my Korean Ground Beef recipe and Sauteed Beef with Bean Sprouts and Cabbage.
Both recipes are very popular on our site and for very good reasons! Both are tasty and very easy to make! The same may be said of this flavorful beef dish!
Inspired by my Korean ground beef recipe (where I used a lot of fresh ginger!) and by a Taste of Home Sesame Garlic Beef dish, this easy Korean-style dish for the crockpot came about.
The slow cooker is such a convenient way to cook this delicious beef dish. Apart from the marinating bowl, you don’t need any other extra cooking utensils but the crockpot itself. No need to dirty so many dishes!
What I love about this easy Asian dish is that it has all the classic tastes of homestyle Korean cooking all in one dish – with flavors from sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic – you simply can’t go wrong. It’s an explosion of flavors in your mouth!
Don’t forget to serve this Slow Cooker Korean Sesame Garlic Beef with a lot of rice and drizzle it all over with that delicious sauce.
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we’d love you to like us on Facebook and Instagram, too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!
Slow Cooker Korean Sesame Garlic Beef
- Slow Cooker or Crockpot
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- 3 lb beef sirloin tip roast
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4-6 stalks green onions sliced thinly
- If your sesame seeds are not pre-toasted, dry fry them in a skillet or frying pan until nicely browned but not burned. Divide in half and set aside.
- Slice the beef sirloin into thin strips. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, water, sesame oil, half of the roasted sesame seeds, ginger, garlic and flour. Add the beef strips and mix well to ensure the beef is well coated with the marinade. Let sit in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. If short on time, marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Pour in the beef and its marinade into the slow cooker or crockpot. Cover and cook for 5-7 hours on low or until meat is tender. You can cook it for 3-4 hours on high, too.
- Transfer the meat to a dish and sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds and sliced green onions. Serve immediately with hot rice.
Last updated on January 27th, 2024 at 02:36 pm